How did you come up with your business name? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How did you come up with your business name?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Mine was Dyna-Clean when I started in 1985. I read the verse in the Good Book that said the creator is dynamic in power. After selling my first 5 truck company in 1993 I restarted the year after my non-compete ended. I went with Drynclean for 2 reasons. One is had same ring as my first Company. Second,I focused on getting carpets dry and clean before I left. How about you?

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
I wanted a name that said what I did, and it had to have a "ring" to it.

Everything Flooring-covered me on both.
Just before I got my TM...
I was on a drive (around 4:20) with a friend and said to him that I need a name that says I can do "Everything Flooring" and we looked at each other...Eureka we've got it! That would be ten yrs ago now...

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
When I started, I was doing cleaning part-time in a small town where many folks knew me. I had many 1 column inch ads in the local weekly paper that each had the format

Scott Cleans
Carpet
967-2806

The middle line might say "Upholstery" or "Shag" etc.

This was never intended to be a name. But people started calling me Scott Cleans. I even got much of my mail with that name. So, I did not fight it. When I became a full-time company, employees, lettered van and so forth, it was Scott Cleans.

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
You guys are all much more analytical than me. Around 40 years ago my buddy and I were sitting around our (rented) house on Vilano Beach in St. Augustine, FL trying to think of a name for our crummy little janitorial service we wanted to start to pay the rent.

After a few adult beverages we thought, "Why not consider names of mountain ranges?" So we foggily kicked around "Cascade" (too much like a dishwasher detergent" and then (working our way south) lighted on the name "Sierra"! And so we became Sierra Cleaning! (I eventually added "& Reservation Services")

Steve

PS Ironically, it was only after we moved to the Dominican Republic to do volunteer work and learned Spanish that I found out what "Sierra" actually meant! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: emeraldclean

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
I was going to name my company "todd's carpet cleaning" but i found it was taken. Then i went with " 1st choice cleaning and restoration " also taken. So reniassance carpet came to mind. I went with it.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I was going to name my company "todd's carpet cleaning" but i found it was taken. Then i went with " 1st choice cleaning and restoration " also taken. So 2nd Choice Carpet came to mind. I went with it.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Mine was Dyna-Clean when I started in 1985. I read the verse in the Good Book that said the creator is dynamic in power. After selling my first 5 truck company in 1993 I restarted the year after my non-compete started. I went with Drynclean for 2 reasons. One is had same ring as my first Company. Second,I focused on getting carpets dry and clean before I left. How about you?
Mine isn't as exciting as yours Rob. I am A Plus. My wife teaches 4th grade. So I called my biz A+ as a nod to her.

Reflections138

Nov 21, 2014
East Texas
Real Name
Jacob Simpson
Business Location
United States
My main gig is vct. Obviously everyone wants their floors to have that pop or reflection, hence my companies name. Ok now the truth. I'm not the first owner of my business and bought it with the name

Reactions: tom patnode