How dangerous use these chemical what have risk of cancer?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Look my taping knife causes cancer. Even screws. This causes more things to be over exaggerated.
Causes customers to become even more misinformed as they google away. They see cancer prop65 and the world comes crashing down. They're the same ones going on web md and self diagnosing their own symptoms.
Prop 65 should be more reserved so that people pay attention to it when it really matters. Right now we just rip the sticker off like its a joke. View attachment 84018.View attachment 84020View attachment 84019
I live in California and that cancer/reproductive harm warning is on Balsamic vinegar at the grocery store.

So now I don't eat salad.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
why mytee crb has the WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and chromium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65warnings.ca.gov.
There is likely something in the metal compounds of the body, or some other such metal part, that necessitates the warning. So unless you plan on EATING YOUR MACHINE, you should be fine.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Ok, so tea and herbs in California have to have a prop 65 warning. It's not because they tested and found that that product has one of the 800 chemicals that qualify it for the warning. It's because it's not feasible to test every product for all 800 things. So they have to have the warning. Any teas imported into the US are tested anyway for things like lead and arsenic and pesticides to ensure that if they contain any of it, it's in levels low enough to not cause harm (just like your drinking water). Many of the chemicals not being tested for are things that would only be in your tea if they were intentionally and maliciously added. And to top this off, tea is something that has been proven to help reduce your risks of cancer. 1 - 2 cups of green tea a day has been shown to help reduce the risk of cancer, but it has to have a prop 65 warning on it.
And it's that kind of labeling practice that has lowered the value of the prop 65 warning system. It's on things we know don't cause cancer. It's on things we know to actually reduce cancer risks. It's good to be aware but it needs to be realistic, otherwise, stop breathing man, because I can find things in the air in most places that might increase your risk of cancer.

Reactions: Tom Forsythe

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
As there is no S on the end of the title of Revelation, there is no R in Prostate....Thought you would want to get it right, too. :D
I got nothing. You got me. I prostrate before your grasp of grammar good sir.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Or if you plan to eat right after using your machine without washing your hands barehanded
Ugh, that's something I see a lot that really bugs me. People in the cleaning industry not washing their hands before eating. Worst was a guy in a school cleaned bathrooms without gloves then went straight to lunch and started eating a sandwich.

• Wow
Reactions: J20770

Latest posts