How dangerous use these chemical what have risk of cancer? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How dangerous use these chemical what have risk of cancer?

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Hi guys ,I usually used ZEP heavy duty stripper and polish finish my tile&grout job. They are useful and cheaper ,but the pungent smell irritated my throat and lung. When I check the label ,in the stripper there are some ingredients contain cancer risk in California law and there some ingredients cause infertility in ZEP polish.
Such as Prochem Ultrapac® Extreme Pre‑Spray have cancer ingredients too,I think many chemical like this.How dangerous when use the chemicals? Please recommend me one product that healthy \cheaper\useful for soily grout and tiles.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Everything is dangerous according to california. Thats their new BS law scaring the crap out of people.
If it irritates your throat and lungs make sure theres fresh air. Open windows or doors. Fans if you must. Most labels will say that if fumes are a issue use in well ventilated area.

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Everything is dangerous according to california. Thats their new BS law scaring the crap out of people.
If it irritates your throat and lungs make sure theres fresh air. Open windows or doors. Fans if you must. Most labels will say that if fumes are a issue use in well ventilated area.
YES,The pollutant air in California is just the biggest carcinogen .

Reactions: rob allen

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Hi guys ,I usually used ZEP heavy duty stripper and polish finish my tile&grout job. They are useful and cheaper ,but the pungent smell irritated my throat and lung. When I check the label ,in the stripper there are some ingredients contain cancer risk in California law and there some ingredients cause infertility in ZEP polish.
Such as Prochem Ultrapac Extreme Pre‑Spray have cancer ingredients too,I think many chemical like this.How dangerous when use the chemicals? Please recommend me one product that healthy \cheaper\useful for soily grout and tiles.
Groutmaster. Just don't snort it.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I for one am glad California gives that warning

It never hurts to think/look twice into what you are using
cause its your health

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I for one am glad California gives that warning

It never hurts to think/look twice into what you are using
cause its your health
Look my taping knife causes cancer. Even screws. This causes more things to be over exaggerated.
Causes customers to become even more misinformed as they google away. They see cancer prop65 and the world comes crashing down. They're the same ones going on web md and self diagnosing their own symptoms.
Prop 65 should be more reserved so that people pay attention to it when it really matters. Right now we just rip the sticker off like its a joke. View attachment 84018.
Screenshot_20190403-033848_Home Depot.jpg
20190403_032111.jpg

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Please recommend me one product that healthy \cheaper\useful for soily grout and tiles.

That's tantamount to your customer showing you a pee-soaked carpet and telling you he wants it brought back to new condition with little to no aggressive chemistry... for cheap.

Zep is cheap to buy but considering dilution ratios, can become expensive to use. Look into more concentrated, professional-grade chemicals that are not typically made available to the average homeowner, to see if the cost to use those would be less expensive. I think you'll be surprised.

The Prop 65 cancer warnings are everywhere now (phone charging cords, hand tools, storage totes, coffee, etc), and I'm afraid it's having a "boy who cried wolf" effect. If everything we use or consume has a cancer warning on it, eventually we're all going to throw our hands up in the air, surrender, and start smoking three packs a day while we guzzle down whisky and eat red meat and powdered donuts exclusively.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
You have to askthese questions: is there agreement within the scientific community, how much is in it and its state of activity. One ingredient that is sometimes listed as Prop 65 is also considered green by third party certifying agencies and on the EPA Safer Chemical ingredient list. The more diluted the ready to use product the less the impact. Arsenic is in our municipal water but at amounts that are not of concern. The ingredient in parts is essentially inert (inactive) but manufacturers still feel compelled to list the ingredient.
Regulators always go too far if unchecked because that is what they know how to do. I wish they would spend equal time enforcing the right regulations. Balance is the key, we need some regulations and these should be enforced. We have followed regulations closely for the 20 years that I have worked at Bridgepoint and have seen many not follow them to my dismay. These violations would be easy to find if the regulator chose to enforce them.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
There is a sign in Starbucks that says that their coffee causes cancer in California. Everything causes cancer in California

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Unfortunately, the prop 65 warning is over used and has lost it's significance. Yes, the last screw driver set I bought has chemicals in it that could cause cancer. But only if I set fire to my screw drivers.

Any chemical you buy to strip a floor will have a prop 65 warning. That's just the reality. Even "Green" chemicals can have a cancer risk. That doesn't mean you will get cancer from using it. It means you might increase your risks of cancer if you misuse it. So don't misuse it. Wear gloves, avoid skin contact, mix properly, apply using appropriate methods. Clean up properly. Have proper ventilation. If the chemical you are using causes irritation, stop using it.

And use better chemicals. There are many products out there that have lower voc than Zep and are stronger, meaning they do the same job with less chemical, saving you money.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There is a sign in Starbucks that says that their coffee causes cancer in California. Everything causes cancer in California

Especially politicians. Should be written on their foreheads.

Reactions: keep it clean

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Click the link and read the reviews. Thank me later.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Click the link and read the reviews. Thank me later.

Soon California will make you put prop 65 cancer warnings on your chemicals too. Just wait.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
You have to understand that today anyone is suing anyone like crazy!.

I for one dont mind that the warning is given, its a warning not a law to not buy the product, you choose that.

Its important that you know that you are being exposed to products/ingredients that can possibly cause cancer. As humans we are not bullet proof, and tell me about it my sister just passed away losing her fight with cancer (stomach) it was horrible!! she was unrecognizable when we buried her. I remember when we
were young in our teens and using paint remover on wooden frames in our home in the 90's, I always wondered if that ever had to do with her getting cancer. There was no warnings back then. there is now and yes its prop 65.

So yeah maybe its overreacting and maybe nothing will happen
but How I miss my sister and we'll never know how she got cancer, but then again she loved using mascara (as the majority of women do) and she would always use hair products and stuff and I dont know if maybe that ever did have an effect, bottom line shes gone, and I wish so bad that we would have know what exposed her (if any) to her cancer. was anything ever involved or was it destiny?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
One more thing

This warning, also understand that the MAJORITY of products or goods made are made in ...

well we know the popular countries
China, India, Mexico, Korea, Japan, etc;

and they use molds that may/have lead and other known cancer causing residue, that residue can be on a lot of goods that we use everyday.

The warning is not placed on everything to be a nuisance.
its there for a reason, Think about it.

Why not ask why the warning is on the item, maybe the item has been exposed to something that might expose you to a risk.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Prop 65 over used, probably... but cancer rates are as a matter of fact drastically increasing over time.

I think like 1 in 3 males will get prostate cancer now. Thats pretty crazy

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Be safe folks, and love your family, hug them, enjoy them.
Life is short.
We will spend more time in a casket then roaming the earth.
dont throw your opportunity away, take care of yourselves.

We dont know, tomorrow it will/can/could be one of us.
Revelations 21: 3,4

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States