How can I find customeres ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Abraham

Dec 23, 2017
Real Name
Abraao
Hello, I just finished set up my business with license, insurance and a minivan. I try on facebook, and I tried give my cards at offices but no customers yet... I did the housecall so people can book online, I do live in Connecticut... I am going to my second week of business open. I just did one job last week and I just have one scheduled to this week. What should I do guys ?

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Hello, I just finished set up my business with license, insurance and a minivan. I try on facebook, and I tried give my cards at offices but no customers yet... I did the housecall so people can book online, I do live in Connecticut... I am going to my second week of business open. I just did one job last week and I just have one scheduled to this week. What should I do guys ?
1st set up a Facebook business page. Add your book now button, a place for customers to give a review and lots of pictures.
2. Make a post that you are just starting out. Fully trained, certified and insured and looking to get some real experience under your belt and want to get your process down before taking on paying customers. Post that the first 5 people who book online will get a whole house carpet cleaning for free.
3. Share this post with close family, friends and neighbors. Then will be nice to you if you don't do that good of a job and they will want to help you get started. They will also probably tip you a few hundred dollars.
4. Take lots of pictures of these jobs before and after and ask these free customers if they would please give you a review and sing your praises online, Facebook, nextdoor.com, Yelp or any local community page.
5. Give an iron clad guarantee. Tell them you are new and not perfect but if a spot comes back then you will come back for free. If you are still not happy then they don't pay.
Most people can't tell the difference between a rug doctor clean and a professional clean but the care about the can do spirt and love helping a new underdog business owner just trying to fulfill a dream.
6. Be super Frindly and tell them your life story. Why you got into carpet cleaning, why you took the leap and why you love it.
7. Everytime you buy a new piece of equipment say like a 360 or a new urine chemical, or a tile spinner, Post that you want to try it out in a real world situation. Anyone got a really nasty carpet I can clean for free. Then post a super nasty picture so people know what nasty is.
8 for the first year. Post before and after pictures of the days work on your business Facebook page explain why you knocked it out of the park. Then share with all the neighborhood group pages.
9. So the goal for year 1 is to get on base not to hit a home run. My rate was $49 per room and no minimum. So often I was going out and doing only 1 room. Or 1 room and a hall. Waste of time but these 1 room jobs often referred $600 jobs or called back a year later for a whole house cleaning. Once you are in the door then turn on the charm.
10 remember you now own a sales and marketing company not a carpet cleaning company.
Good luck.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
search "getting new customers" on this site and follow those ideas. The 10 steps Travis just listed will get your ball rolling as well as any list I ever read.

Abraham

Dec 23, 2017
Real Name
Abraao
Thank you guys! I do have a variety of service, I have a portable extractor, CRB, buffer, gas Power washer and sebo power brush. ( plus vacuums and air blowers, carpet and tile wand ). should I start offering all the service that I am capable to do ?

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Be patient, don't get frustrated and don't do anything for free, at least not from beginning. Period

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
depends what kind of customers you want... groupon will get the phone ringing real quick lol but your life will suck.

Start with your own personal network... people you know or people they know. Grow $low and stable dont get sucked into expensive online advertising or any kind of coupon/price wars.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
EDDM postcards into desired areas consistently. Well ranked website and/or GMB listing.
Take videos and pics of jobs to use/post.
Talk to everyone!!!!