Kipp
What kind of rugs where they?

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Man I've never seen a rug like that you must have quite the rug spa, let's see some pics

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
How does that work? Can you show some video?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Today fired my Blueline Champ up let it warm up.
Pulled throttle out
Turned pump on and engine stalls.
Check water reserve it's empty forgot to turn water on, turn water on let tank fill up.
Engine stalls 2 more times after I turn pump on finally on the third time it was fine. What's going on ?
I think you most likely just activated your low water switch that is there to protect your pump. The engine might have gotten flooded a bit when that happened. Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. My low water switch blew on me last year and I had to replace it. Sounds like it did what it was supposed to do which is keep you from burning your pump up. I've forgotten to turn the pump in switch on too and as soon as the machine bottoms out of water it will shut down my pump. The water pump will not operate at all on mine if the low water switch activates. Sounds like yours kills the engine. Mine just shuts the pump clutch off. Does your pump have a clutch?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I think you most likely just activated your low water switch that is there to protect your pump. The engine might have gotten flooded a bit when that happened. Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. My low water switch blew on me last year and I had to replace it. Sounds like it did what it was supposed to do which is keep you from burning your pump up. I've forgotten to turn the pump in switch on too and as soon as the machine bottoms out of water it will shut down my pump. The water pump will not operate at all on mine if the low water switch activates. Sounds like yours kills the engine. Mine just shuts the pump clutch off. Does your pump have a clutch?
Yep, until it clears the air out of the system then it probably shut down until the pressure switch sees water flow. Nothing to worry about. Happens from time to time. Just keep cleaning.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Yep, until it clears the air out of the system then it probably shut down until the pressure switch sees water flow. Nothing to worry about. Happens from time to time. Just keep cleaning.
Thanks. I was wondering if that maybe isn't the issue

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
I'm not even sure if it has a clutch I'm pretty sure it does but I would have to check it out a bit

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'm not even sure if it has a clutch I'm pretty sure it does but I would have to check it out a bit
It would have a switch on the front panel to turn the pump on and off if it had a clutch. That is useful when just using the machine for flood work extraction. I'm thinking your machine may not have a clutch so the low water switch shuts your machine down if no water is coming in. I don't know this for a fact, but it sounds like it from what you described earlier. Mine just cuts power to the clutch so the water pump gets shut off. I'm guessing yours might be rigged to kill the engine just like the float in your waste tank. If that happens while the machine is running it could easily flood the carburetor on the engine so you might need to let it sit 5 or 10 minutes before trying to restart the machine.