sandstormli

Dec 20, 2008
NY, long island/Lindenhurst
beyondmaids.com
Real Name
Roman Majda
Business Location
United States
All jobs are hard in their own way - but just you realize it - do not quit your jobs yet to go onto house cleaning.
most people think easy job and yet every single guy I know who went to help his wife when construction jobs/ economy tanked got right out when things improved and just recently I hired someone very hard worker to say the least and after 2 months he said f this this is way harder then construction work , my reply to that was lol this is a vacation lol you r doing roughly half the work I was doing over the last 15 years...

If you want steady clients you gonna have to kill yourself every darn day to say the least.
getting let's that will pay $30+/hr is as easy as getting $75-$100 per average size clean room to just steam clean.

As mentioned above there r many many people / competitors who abuse/underpayment their workers and charge cheap for client or self employed who have no idea about running a business and charge $15-$20/hr then wonder why they went out of business when their car broke down ... well then again there are plenty BIG companies charging an arm and a lag for lame to horrible quality of work yet r the biggest in house cleaning just as s steamer is in carpet.

If you think training and keeping steady employees is hard for carpet cleaning or windows or pressure washing then you r in lala land lol as this is way harder work with less $/hr gross hence less $/hr pay for employees unlike the other businesses where you can,easily hire train and keep quality employees when paying quality pay - $30/hr to an employee Is a very easy to pay pay when doing other above more $/hr jobs...

I will be looking in June to expend and next help wanted add will be $15/hr regular pay plus overtime and $600 guaranteed for 5 days no evening and no weekends ever (willing to pay more for best of the best )- my wife said good luck finding a polish peron willing to work for such lame pay on the books... wish me luck I guess

Reactions: Clean Force

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
All jobs are hard in their own way - but just you realize it - do not quit your jobs yet to go onto house cleaning.
most people think easy job and yet every single guy I know who went to help his wife when construction jobs/ economy tanked got right out when things improved and just recently I hired someone very hard worker to say the least and after 2 months he said f this this is way harder then construction work , my reply to that was lol this is a vacation lol you r doing roughly half the work I was doing over the last 15 years...

If you want steady clients you gonna have to kill yourself every darn day to say the least.
getting let's that will pay $30+/hr is as easy as getting $75-$100 per average size clean room to just steam clean.

As mentioned above there r many many people / competitors who abuse/underpayment their workers and charge cheap for client or self employed who have no idea about running a business and charge $15-$20/hr then wonder why they went out of business when their car broke down ... well then again there are plenty BIG companies charging an arm and a lag for lame to horrible quality of work yet r the biggest in house cleaning just as s steamer is in carpet.

If you think training and keeping steady employees is hard for carpet cleaning or windows or pressure washing then you r in lala land lol as this is way harder work with less $/hr gross hence less $/hr pay for employees unlike the other businesses where you can,easily hire train and keep quality employees when paying quality pay - $30/hr to an employee Is a very easy to pay pay when doing other above more $/hr jobs...

I will be looking in June to expend and next help wanted add will be $15/hr regular pay plus overtime and $600 guaranteed for 5 days no evening and no weekends ever (willing to pay more for best of the best )- my wife said good luck finding a polish peron willing to work for such lame pay on the books... wish me luck I guess

Well, that is probably the best description of make ready, house cleaning I have read yet. The best thing we have done to battle the labor issues in this type of cleaning is with hold twice the amount of employees that's needed. All part time labor, hours worked has a direct connect with quality and efficacy. Control the hours, you illuminate the majority of the employment problems. I have done it both ways and this one has given us the beat results. Still problems, just not as many.

This also gives you a larger pool of employees.

House cleaning is hard work and is three times has physical as carpet cleaning.

Great Post Again!

SCurrie

Apr 28, 2015
Dallas
Real Name
Shawn Currie
My wife has residential maid service.
She charges per room. Just like with carpets helps to not discount, just do less service for people on budget. With a biweekly cleaning some people don't want every room cleaned every time. Custom cleaning I guess you could say.

Here's her prices.

25 kitchen
15 master bath
10 hall bath
7 half bath
5 rooms (bed, dining, etc)
5 stairs
5 hallway
5 foyer
15 service charge
20 first time fee
10 for monthly vs biweekly (gets waived a lot, but good for people on edge about biweekly)

usually comes out to $50-$75 per hour

maid4ucs.net is her website if you want to get an idea of services provided for those prices.
We have been in the house cleaning business for several years. I love the pricing structure.

Mr. Mac

Dec 17, 2014
Real Name
Dominic McIntosh
Business Location
United States
Bumping this. I know this gets asked a lot. I got this price list from a friend who runs a successful cleaning company in Virginia. Her basic service is just a standard cleaning, while the deluxe is a mid-range cleaning with a few extras thrown in and the Premium is what most would call a deep clean. Using this chart multiply the number of techs by the hourly rate for the base price ($50 hr x 3 techs = $150). Also the number of hours is the total number of man hours. So a 9.5hr minimum cleaning is actually 2.3 when divided among the four techs used.

That's the way it was explained to me. I'm still trying to get this whole pricing thing down.

Pricing.jpg

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Bumping this. I know this gets asked a lot. I got this price list from a friend who runs a successful cleaning company in Virginia. Her basic service is just a standard cleaning, while the deluxe is a mid-range cleaning with a few extras thrown in and the Premium is what most would call a deep clean. Using this chart multiply the number of techs by the hourly rate for the base price ($50 hr x 3 techs = $150). Also the number of hours is the total number of man hours. So a 9.5hr minimum cleaning is actually 2.3 when divided among the four techs used.

That's the way it was explained to me. I'm still trying to get this whole pricing thing down.

View attachment 54405
There's a little more to sq' on the janitorial side. Dusting, sweeping, mopping all have different production rates depending on the equipment used.

While not exactly for residential cleaning you can get an idea on production times by looking at the ISSA Cleaning Time rates here:

http://www.parish-supply.com/how-to-advice.aspx

Reactions: Clean Force

Jonathan Wood

Aug 10, 2015
Antioch, CA, USA
www.consistentmaintenancesystems.com
Real Name
Jonathan Wood
Business Location
United States
Prices not matter, but go with the quality work. The commercial cleaning services that I offers to be best as you are looking for. I work with quality not depends upon price that I charge. You can check the results here at- "Consistent Maintenance Systems".

sonamwsingh

Jul 24, 2019
Real Name
sonam singh
Hii Guys.
Here the detail list of top housekeeping services asking them Your queries definitely, you will get your solution. They are professional so they guide you better.

Last edited by a moderator:

deriols

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
mikkes
I know about all the variables Dave appreciate your input was just looking for if most do it by the hour