Housekeeping rates???

cwill

Nov 26, 2014
NC
Real Name
Chris Williams
Business Location
United States
Absolutely right. She is the reason I'm getting in this industry. Quitting corporate bs in June. Custy's been asking for years about their carpets, time to deliver. Going to cross market both, and hopefully blow up. I'm in Wake County. Good market, competitive but good.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
$50/hour cash.

Really depends on the scenario. Bathrooms, ovens, fridges are detailed oriented and require the use of some potent chemicals. Dusting and vacuuming is pretty straight forward.

A Cleaner Approach

Jun 21, 2014
Northwest Arkansas
www.acleanerapproach.com
Real Name
Tim McCullough
Business Location
United States
I hired a housekeeper that I call my "housekeeping manager". She has been housekeeping in the area for 17 years. I give her all inquiries and she gives them an estimate on exactly what they want done. So many people want all different things done. It has worked out great.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Janitorial contracts and short term rental housekeeping services for property management companies only now, residential is too much of a headache and you gotta compete with the $15 an hour hacks.

cwill

Nov 26, 2014
NC
Real Name
Chris Williams
Business Location
United States
Janitorial contracts and short term rental housekeeping services for property management companies only now, residential is too much of a headache and you gotta compete with the $15 an hour hacks.
Yes definately some headaches. As far as hacks you dont want those custys anyway. Cod every 2 weeks is nice. Each customer has 2 to 5k price tag on there head.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Yes definately some headaches. As far as hacks you dont want those custys anyway. Cod every 2 weeks is nice. Each customer has 2 to 5k price tag on there head.
I should rephrase that, they're not necessarily hacks, they're hard workers actually but they have no business sense whatsoever, just a job for them.

Clean Force

Mar 10, 2015
Real Name
Aaron Tipton
What are you charging the service fee for? We are trying to get together a price list.

Clean Force

Mar 10, 2015
Real Name
Aaron Tipton
My wife has residential maid service.
She charges per room. Just like with carpets helps to not discount, just do less service for people on budget. With a biweekly cleaning some people don't want every room cleaned every time. Custom cleaning I guess you could say.

Here's her prices.

25 kitchen
15 master bath
10 hall bath
7 half bath
5 rooms (bed, dining, etc)
5 stairs
5 hallway
5 foyer
15 service charge
20 first time fee
10 for monthly vs biweekly (gets waived a lot, but good for people on edge about biweekly)

usually comes out to $50-$75 per hour

maid4ucs.net is her website if you want to get an idea of services provided for those prices.

So why do you charge a service fee? We are putting together a price list.

cwill

Nov 26, 2014
NC
Real Name
Chris Williams
Business Location
United States
So why do you charge a service fee? We are putting together a price list.
Its just a base fee. Covers gas, materials, etc.
Its only been an issue a couple of times. We have considered just raising room prices couple bucks and doing away with gee.

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
Why not take a job you have completed, divide the home sq ft by your invoice total and have a sq ft price base line. It's much easier to explain what your cost are that way. I believe it also looks more professional than a room price or item price list. Just the way we approach it.

Reactions: suncarpet

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Why not take a job you have completed, divide the home sq ft by your invoice total and have a sq ft price base line. It's much easier to explain what your cost are that way. I believe it also looks more professional than a room price or item price list. Just the way we approach it.
I want to say I introduced clean force to TMF. He is a friend of mine who is just starting up. We got the logos print material everything ready to go but there has not been a job preformed yet. Trying to get a basic price point put together so they can turn a profit right off the bat. After calling around locally here it seems to be the local price point is 75 an hour with two hour minimum. Thanks for helping my buddy out this far. He's had his business license less than 24 hours and he's already had three job leads off of thumbtack which one we went out on last night.They are complete newbies and so Am I when it comes to pricing housekeeping.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clean Force

Savagecynic

Jan 14, 2015
Tucson
Real Name
Ivan T
How are you guys charging for housekeeping rates ? package deals ? by the ? by person etc. I have a friend entering the business and trying to find some price points. I know the common answers of check your local market etc. etc. but just trying to see some nationwide price points. Thanks Guys . any help appreciated:)

First time commenting!!
The way I have set it up is like this
1st time cleaning is $149 minimum up to $249 depending on condition/size/if we are coming back regularly or just a one time deal. If I am setting them up on a 2 week rotation i am more lienient with the price/throw in extras to keeps the. Around and happy as long as possible. Mind you cleanings should interior windows, but not exterior (that's tech work $89/hr)

After that I charge a flat fee of $89-140 every 2 weeks or as needed.

Savagecynic

Jan 14, 2015
Tucson
Real Name
Ivan T
I find that flat rates for your time (once you have figured out how to factor in labor/chemicals/gas) works best but always make sure you see the home first. Over the phone quotes are inpersonable to me, and you never know how dirty it is until you're there inspecting with gloves and a flashlight. If you are offering this as a side service on top of carpet and your main exposé is carpet cleaning offer yourself as a 'boutique cleaner' who 'tailors' cleaning needs to every client rather than just treating it as an in and out job. You'll be able to charge more and be seen as a high end cleaner rather than a craigslist maid.

Clean Force

Mar 10, 2015
Real Name
Aaron Tipton
I was told the amount of information on here would be unreal and I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to respond. My wife and I will be putting together everything soon and thanks again. We will keep you posted as to our success.
Until later
Aaron at Clean Force

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Its just a base fee. Covers gas, materials, etc.
Its only been an issue a couple of times. We have considered just raising room prices couple bucks and doing away with gee.
Why not just have a minimum? Service fee sounds like a turn off.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
@Clean Force since you are a new company and you're probably on a tight budget here is the cheapest way to get your word out about your business. Promote your business page on Facebook. You take a nice photo and post it on your page with a cool heading like " gotta love that clean house feeling" after you've posted it there will be a button that says "boost Post" here is an example of my page that I spent $40 on in the last week boosting 2/ $20 posts. This activity is only for the last week. Numbers don't lie. I've booked several jobs off that $40
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1426249847.778256.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1426249869.311106.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Clean Force

Stephanie

Mar 17, 2015
Real Name
Stephanie
$30/hour here in nh with a 2 hour minimum. I prefer to supply all the cleaning stuff