Direct Mail EDDM - Housecall vs Customer Lobby - HUH?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Housecall vs Customer Lobby - HUH??

AndrewClayton

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrew Clayton
Customer Lobby: Full color 6x9 postcards, NO LISTS, results tracked, come with follow up emails. Every card/customer/return tracked in my invoicing system to the $$$. Web reviews, phone reviews, email reviews, reviews everywhere, appointments thru my site, SEO, no contract.

Can't say I hate it so far. But I'm just in a trial with CL so show me what HouseCall's got, Ruben!

HouseCall: REQUIRES LISTS from us in-house, raising prices in a couple days, no targeting. We can only get reviews in the HouseCall app which means our customers have to install the app on their phones/computers or we're screwed.

Cheaper doesn't mean better if you're offering a totally different service...Is anyone else using one or the other and can give some solid feedback?

Last edited:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Not a fair comparison, 2 completely different spaces and price points.

Unicorn s don't exist...

Bigfoot might but I'm skeptical

AndrewClayton

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrew Clayton
How much is cl? And how long you been using them?
I told them we would test drive for 3 months last month, they started me off with free reviews with the setup and I told them what I wanted on the postcards here too- pretty easy. We're doing the 199/month they offer for our size operation..they've got prices listed. You pick how much mail you want which I'm thinking could be good for our promos down the line.

Check this though, the jobs we got last month from the people CL hit were at $2680 total from $50 bucks of mail. That's $$$$$$$ any way you look at it.

Not a fair comparison, 2 completely different spaces and price points.

Unicorn s don't exist...

Bigfoot might but I'm skeptical
Both hanging out around getting us more new customers out there and keeping more of them with us. Serivcemonster and these guys' names are floating around the HouseCall thread so its on right? :punch:

CL got us to 53x ROI last month. I'm turning into a believer...

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I told them we would test drive for 3 months last month, they started me off with free reviews with the setup and I told them what I wanted on the postcards here too- pretty easy. We're doing the 199/month they offer for our size operation..they've got prices listed. You pick how much mail you want which I'm thinking could be good for our promos down the line.

Check this though, the jobs we got last month from the people CL hit were at $2680 total from $50 bucks of mail. That's $$$$$$$ any way you look at it.

Both hanging out around getting us more new customers out there and keeping more of them with us. Serivcemonster and these guys' names are floating around the HouseCall thread so its on right? :punch:

CL got us to 53x ROI last month. I'm turning into a believer...
I agree and think you will be highly successful with a program that sophisticated.

BUT $200 is far different then $20 month, most of these guys would cut their arm off before paying $200 month for software.
The review system customer lobby has is very good, i almost did it.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Hey Andrew, what is the name of your cleaning company and website? Your profile says you are a Supplier / Distributor...

Thanks @AndrewClayton

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
The comparison you're making is apples to oranges.

What is Customer Lobby's credit card processing fees? Can your clients book you through Customer Lobby's app? Can you dispatch jobs you get through Customer Lobby to your tech on the field and see their GPS on the map?

The reviews that customers leave can be visible through the booking application, and soon also on the web booking widget we are currently building.

Automatted targetting? We require a "list" in the sense that you can only send postcards to your customers, and without that information we don't send it.

AndrewClayton

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrew Clayton
I agree and think you will be highly successful with a program that sophisticated.

BUT $200 is far different then $20 month, most of these guys would cut their arm off before paying $200 month for software.
The review system customer lobby has is very good, i almost did it.
Appreciate that. Its as sophisticated as a couple clicks and that's all the time I want to put in after every-dooring every-body. Cut an arm?? Call me crazier but if the Customer Lobby guys do postcards and the Housecall guys do postcards, and Roland from Housecall tagged up there came back with "we are cheaper!"...testing things out can't hurt before the promo dive i figure

AndrewClayton

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrew Clayton
The comparison you're making is apples to oranges.

What is Customer Lobby's credit card processing fees? Can your clients book you through Customer Lobby's app? Can you dispatch jobs you get through Customer Lobby to your tech on the field and see their GPS on the map?

The reviews that customers leave can be visible through the booking application, and soon also on the web booking widget we are currently building.

Automatted targetting? We require a "list" in the sense that you can only send postcards to your customers, and without that information we don't send it.
Totally get that roland. I don't think you guys sell the same services either and that's why i started this talk.

I was in your promo thread the other day and you and Ruben came back with "we're way cheaper than CL you know!". I thought leveling the field made sense... I'm definitely going to check out you guys - you're adding more f eatures/taking these suggestions says Ruben. Onward, upward

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
Here are some of our features:

Consumer Booking App

Your customers can book you directly through the free to download consumer booking app (HouseCall). Messaging, scheduling, booking, and payment processing happens automatically through the consumer app (available for iPhone and Android smartphones).

1.99% Credit Card Processing

Run all your credit card payments through HouseCall Pro for an industry-low rate of 1.99%. All card accepted. No extra fees. Use our card scanner to automatically enter credit card info without swiping or keying.

Automatic Invoicing and Receipts

You now have the option to send an invoice at the completion of your jobs. The invoice is sent to the customer's email. From there, your customer can pay online via credit card and the funds are sent straight to your bank account. Invoices and receipts are branded with your company name, logo, and contact information.

Job Scheduling

Dynamic, drag and drop job scheduling allows you to customize each job at the push of a button. All changes made on mobile or web platform updates in real time. Calendar views can be customized.

Dispatch

You can now add employees as administrators or technicians and dispatch jobs to them in real time. Any changes made to jobs that are dispatched will push out to technicians on the field and update on all devices. There is no limit to the number of technicians you can dispatch.

Customer database import and CRM

We format and import your customer database so you can pull up your customer list whenever you want and see job history, customer revenue, and all other customer details form your mobile device and our web portal.

Statistical Reporting and Analytics

We are featuring a perpetually developing analytics reporting system that allows you to measure revenue, employee productivity, marketing campaigns related to tagged groups, and much more.

Customer Sign-off

All payment requests from consumer booking app users are sent to the customer for sign off. Once you send for sign off, the customer will receive a notification. They can then sign off in their app and your payment will be processed automatically. You will receive an email as soon as they sign off.

Add private notes and job attachments

You can now privately keep track of gate codes, parking instructions, dog alerts, etc. Attach important documents to each job.

Add your services, job types, prices, service area, and company info

Self-serve company profile set-up which includes service range, job types, prices, company details, and much more.

Customer text notifications

Control your customer touch-points by selecting to notify your customers when a job is scheduled, when the technician is en-route to the job, and when you have completed the job. A text message and email will be sent to the customer on your behalf. You can choose to turn these notifications off by unchecking the box.

Customer Tagging

You can now tag your customers into groups based on categories like source (Yelp, Angie’s List, etc), or anything else you want like customer status, loyalty, deal groups, etc. You customize your tags and measure results.

Tax

If you're in one of the states with taxes, you can now edit your company's tax rate. This will automatically be added to your prices, and will be a line item on your receipts and invoices. Jobs previously scheduled before entering in your tax rate will not have the tax rate applied.

Quickbooks Online Integration

We are now integrated with Quickbooks online. Including customer import and reporting features.

Post Card and Email marketing

We are now offering Postcard Marketing at the introductory rate of 65¢ per postcard. You can also set custom email campaigns to your customers based on actions. You can send your customers postcards/emails to say thanks, remind them to schedule you again, or send a special offer a few months later to re-engage their business. Choose one of our many existing templates or create your own design.

Job Recurrence

For those customers who want a recurring service plan, we now have a feature that supports all facets of recurring job scheduling. Easy to use recurring job set-up with custom pricing and invoice capabilities.

Google Calendar Integration

HouseCall Pro is now fully integrated with Google Calendar. You can now push all job information out to your Google Calendar in real time.

Quantity and Unit Pricing

If you charge for service by the square foot or any other unit of measurement, you can now assign a price point for easier pricing structure.

*********As you can see, new member Andrew Clayton (with no posts), we are clearly more than just a marketing tool. We have many many tools and features that allow service professionals to run and grow their entire business. We also have a killer mobile app that lets you do everything out in the field. As far as i'm concerned, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Reactions: admin

AndrewClayton

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrew Clayton
Totally get that roland. I don't think you guys sell the same services either and that's why i started this talk.

I was in your promo thread the other day and you and Ruben came back with "we're way cheaper than CL you know!". DIdnt' totally make sense.. I'm definitely going to check out you guys - you're adding more f eatures/taking these suggestions says Ruben. Onward, upward

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

Smittys6

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Steve Smith
Apples and Oranges! Housecall is more a Field Management Software/database management with a marketing feature whereas Customer Lobby is an "after the sale" tool with no FSM. Housecall is fairly new and aggressive, and I look forward to where its going. I use a different system but like how they are catering to out industry. Just doesnt fit my needs quite yet. I spent the last year researching about 20 different programs to fit my needs, what a project it has been!

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
Apples and Oranges! Housecall is more a Field Management Software/database management with a marketing feature whereas Customer Lobby is an "after the sale" tool with no FSM. Housecall is fairly new and aggressive, and I look forward to where its going. I use a different system but like how they are catering to out industry. Just doesnt fit my needs quite yet. I spent the last year researching about 20 different programs to fit my needs, what a project it has been!
Thanks Steve, We would love to know what we could improve on and add to our system. For someone that has spent that much time researching other tools, I would love to hear your feedback if you have time. Let me know if you want to hop on a call with me and we can chat sometime. We are dead serious about creating the ultimate tool. We have the developer power for sure, we just need a little time to perfect it.

AndrewClayton

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrew Clayton
I have a question..what's Admin's association with Housecall? Ive been on here just a couple days but I thought this place was all about swapping solid tips/strategies and I'm not the first one to call out a competitor to housecall right?

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
I have a question..what's Admin's association with Housecall? Ive been on here just a couple days but I thought this place was all about swapping solid tips/strategies and I'm not the first one to call out a competitor to housecall right?
Even though you're new, you should use the search feature to find all the other competitors that are discussed alongside HouseCall. There are many threads that are head to head, in addition to inside main threads as well. Take a look, here is a little tutorial I made for you http://rlnd.co/image/3i0i1l2x1J0C

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
There is numerous competitors that has been discussed, that isn't the matter nor what I care about - I was only asking for your business name and website url which you have not provided. Not saying you are but in some cases New members pop up and are not even in the cleaning business but out of no where start promoting another company out of the blue in all posts - which you have done. We personally do not use Customer Lobby but it might benefit others, the 2 companies you are trying to compare are so different and as said you are comparing apples and oranges.

Reactions: Mike Krall

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Just like what equipment you buy, get what ya pay for.
No free rides in business, have to decide where to put your cash and what is important to YOU.