HOUSECALL PRO Thread- I'm using it, Are you? Let's Talk Shop | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I've been signed up for several months, and I don't always use it.
I can't explain why, maybe it's not the smoothest software, maybe I'm just an old fart who has trouble learning new technology.
But I would like this to be a place where we can share our experiences with it, both positive and negative, help and encourage each other, and learn.
Also, we can come up with constructive feedback for the Housecall guys, suggestions to debug it, streamline and make it a better more effective program.
I really like it, and I want to get more comfortable and confident using it, I think it's a great tool for organizing and building our business.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
A couple things strike me,
1)Commercial Jobs, I'd lik e to see it have some fields and distinctions that we use in commercial jobs, different from residential.
2)Warning flags when you fail to fill in a mandatory field.
3)Calendar flexibility, enabling us to schedule non job items, such as Dr appointment, meeting, etc. So we can use this as our main day to day calendar.
That's all I can think of right now, except all the red ink on my Housecall screen from things I messed up. Ughhh

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
A couple things strike me,
1)Commercial Jobs, I'd lik e to see it have some fields and distinctions that we use in commercial jobs, different from residential.
2)Warning flags when you fail to fill in a mandatory field.
3)Calendar flexibility, enabling us to schedule non job items, such as Dr appointment, meeting, etc. So we can use this as our main day to day calendar.
That's all I can think of right now, except all the red ink on my Housecall screen from things I messed up. Ughhh
On the third one, they already do that.

Reactions: ronman and admin

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Yeah, its just called an "event" and can be anything from a BNI meeting, to picking up a part, or dropping your daughter off at school. You can do it on both mobile and web!
Cool Rolandal, I'll check it out, thanks!
This is exactly the kind of info sharing I was hoping to find here! :)

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Yeah, its just called an "event" and can be anything from a BNI meeting, to picking up a part, or dropping your daughter off at school. You can do it on both mobile and web!
This isn't important for me now. But with employees it would be. I assume that appointment is traceable like any other job or estimate?

In other words. When I worked for a guy before he would let us take breaks in between jobs (before we told anyone we were on our way) if we needed to run an errand, he just wanted it documented. He would say, "if you are working next to Best Buy and you want/need something from Best Buy, take 10 minutes now and get it so you don't have take 45 minutes to do it after work." As we all know it's much simpler to do something when you are already there. I would love to give my techs some freedoms like that. It went a long way as far as my boss showing appreciation for my time as an employee.

Reactions: aloha one

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Use it every day. Just part of my business life now.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
This isn't important for me now. But with employees it would be. I assume that appointment is traceable like any other job or estimate?

In other words. When I worked for a guy before he would let us take breaks in between jobs (before we told anyone we were on our way) if we needed to run an errand, he just wanted it documented. He would say, "if you are working next to Best Buy and you want/need something from Best Buy, take 10 minutes now and get it so you don't have take 45 minutes to do it after work." As we all know it's much simpler to do something when you are already there. I would love to give my techs some freedoms like that. It went a long way as far as my boss showing appreciation for my time as an employee.
Yeah, that's a really good use case... and makes sense too, great benefit for the employee.

It can also be used to track vacation time, or non-available hours!

Reactions: ronman

Smittys6

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Steve Smith
Been watching this software closely since the beginning and very impressed with its progress and their attentiveness to our industry needs/wants. Althought still a bit early, I loom forward to using them in the near future (assuming they continue to show growth). By far the best mobile app in the industry (I did demos with about a dozen different companies).

- Need line items to line up with Quickbooks as entered
- Ability to adjust how texts & emails are written and the information provided
- Technician commission tracking (based on choice of flat $ or % by line item)
- Better reporting (mainly as it pertains to tracking campaign sources. I.e. New and repeat customers per campaign, $ associated with each, etc)

Thanks for the opportunity! Keep growin.

Reactions: admin and aloha one

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Been watching this software closely since the beginning and very impressed with its progress and their attentiveness to our industry needs/wants. Althought still a bit early, I loom forward to using them in the near future (assuming they continue to show growth).
We've got over a dozen engineers working on new features every day! (y)

By far the best mobile app in the industry (I did demos with about a dozen different companies).
Thank you - the main reason is because we started off by building the mobile app 1st, whereas others it's simply an afterthought....

- Need line items to line up with Quickbooks as entered
This is built now!
- Ability to adjust how texts & emails are written and the information provided
Coming soon
- Technician commission tracking (based on choice of flat $ or % by line item)
Coming down the line (guess: summer time?)
- Better reporting (mainly as it pertains to tracking campaign sources. I.e. New and repeat customers per campaign, $ associated with each, etc)
Definitely, right now you can accomplish this easily by just hitting the export button and using Excel, the goal is to integrate it into the software so you don't have to have Excel!

Reactions: Smittys6 and ronman

Beeks

Dec 11, 2012
FL
Real Name
JR
We have multiple account's for our carpet and home cleaning divisions. And we will be adding more for our new city and rugs divisions. Forgot what it was like before we started using HCP, its awesome!

Reactions: admin
Jul 28, 2014
Using it now. I hate how we can't see the history of all the customer and we still have to go on quickbook and search for their history.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Using it now. I hate how we can't see the history of all the customer and we still have to go on quickbook and search for their history.

You can see the history from both the mobile app and also the web portal easily. Just click on on the customer and click history :) If you're having a hard time finding it, reach out to us and we'll show you!

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Thi
You can see the history from both the mobile app and also the web portal easily. Just click on on the customer and click history :) If you're having a hard time finding it, reach out to us and we'll show you!
This is the kind of interaction that I like to see.
We can all learn from this.
I've been having a problem with entering customers, and jobs, then they disappear.
3 times in the past 24 hours, its discouraging af.
Any feedback on what causes that?

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I have a job I scheduled, with line item dollar amounts, and I need to delete the job, because its a duplicate of the job I did yesterday.
I go thru the edit/delete functions, then save, and when I finish, the jobs still there!!
It's on both days, yesterday, Friday, when I did it, and today, Saturday, when I entered it into the system.
Frustrating, I thought it was deleted several times but never goes away, like a nightmare baby momma. hahahaha

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I just signed back up.. I was in in September, but was lacking some things for me.. Supposed to be much improved now.. I am a service monster user, but don't like their slow response to make changes or feature requests..
Also now I like that HCP can port job data, which was a big issue for me losing all that in the switch over... Still needs one button click to copy a previous order button.. Also, is their a way to assign credit to a referring customer? I'm not aware of a way to do this... This is a huge need for me, and really everyone I'd think.. You really want to reward for the referrals, and if it's up to me, it's too difficult to keep track of( owner operator, out in the field with no staff)..When Ms jones says " ms. smith referred me", I want to be able to be able to click something to give Ms. Smith credit for that so that she can " work" towards a free, or greatly discounted future service..
This is absolutely huge HCP! Is it doable I. the not too distant future?
Thanks