HouseCall Pro questions? We've got answers! Register for the Live Webinar April 22!!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Does it suck that we are basically doing all the leg work for them? Yeah it kinda sucks, wish they would put some money down to advertise to consumers themselves.
why would they. You are bringing the clients to them. already trust you and are convinced to buy from the app.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I have no idea what their business plan is and if they have a budget for customer acquisition so we don't know, what we don't know. It's true, they would rather have us advertise the app to our customers because that's free for them but if that doesn't happen, do they have a fall back strategy?
See Jose, you say we are being emotional, but tonight you have now said in 2 different posts that you "do NOT know". That means your rhetoric tonight is based on emotion.

Please, take the time to go out on the internet and find out what is out there. The info you need to become informed and be able to NOT say I dont know in a post.

Come on bros. YOu are better than this.
Get educated on your vendors.
You have a stake in each others business.
It should be an equal one.

Reactions: Omar

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Not necessarily Jose. This is properly set up to have access to your clients that will be their clients once the application is uploaded. I just got off the phone this afternoon with them. I was talking to a young lady, once she mentioned "market Place" It was not an intuition but a clear vision ofwhat they want,how the will work and how screwed I will be If I ever decide to cancel my membership.

I appreciate you and wish you good luck just remember this,
look at what lies at the bottom of the barrel; what's on the surface, any one can see.

Dunno who the hell said this but he must have been a fookin genius

I agree, reason why I don't want my messages plugging their customer app, but the same goes the other way, what happens when others customers find you through the app?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Problem i c is,, your clients will get involved with this, somehow.. then you decide to leave. 6 months later,, your custy will go to the app to look for you but they wont find you. Instead, they find another cleaner..

Does housepro send advertisements for the app to our clients via email?
Once they download the ap they become not only your customer but their customer as well. They can market to them in anyway they see fit. Email, directly through the ap, slow mail in the mail box, anyway you can think of......yeah......that

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
See Jose, you say we are being emotional, but tonight you have now said in 2 different posts that you "do NOT know". That means your rhetoric tonight is based on emotion.

Please, take the time to go out on the internet and find out what is out there. The info you need to become informed and be able to NOT say I dont know in a post.

Come on bros. YOu are better than this.
Get educated on your vendors.
You have a stake in each others business.
It should be an equal one.

Dude you are not a physiatrist, stop playing one online. Do you know what their business plan is? If so, let us know.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I downloaded my customer database weeks ago Martin and I have personal friends on it, if they were being notified, they would have told me by now. Don't we all run this risk with every company we choose to use?
this is just the beggining. the market place has no made it yet outside San Diego. Once the beast is unleashed, money will pour into their pockets and you will become their slave for ever or...... you clients will be passed on to the next cleaner who signs the check.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Dude you are not a physiatrist, stop playing one online. Do you know what their business plan is? If so, let us know.
Not gonna do your leg work for ya.
Google is your friend. YOu have the names and a quote for gods sake to get you started on your search.

Their business plan is out there as public knowledge. They were interviewed for a magazine much line Cleanfax but for the digital marketing industry. They openly discuss the basic overview of the model they are operating under.

You are correct, I am not psychic,
but I read
and google

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Not gonna do your leg work for ya.
Google is your friend. YOu have the names and a quote for gods sake to get you started on your search.

Their business plan is out there as public knowledge. They were interviewed for a magazine much line Cleanfax but for the digital marketing industry. They openly discuss the basic overview of the model they are operating under.

I linked the article on here Spazz, for god's sake! You guys are gonna school me on tech?

Cleaner please...

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.12.28 PM.png

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I already did

Here I will quote it for you below

see this is how they are going to make money.
they are NOT making money on the software or cloud.
Its the ap they want to get out.
Problem is what if you use it and get your customers used to the ap and service.
Then one day decide to go elsewhere. Well, you just lost your entice customer database to the other guy who is advertising on the ap. Plus after you send your customer the ap, they will be able to use it to get to your competitors in the area........................yowsers,,

you smelling the stink I am laying.

For them it is genius if they can bring it to critical mass in number of active users of their new ap. For the average carpet cleaner, lets be honest. We are dime a dozen. If you go away tomorrow another 3 fills your spot....so what do they have to loose????

You are essentially becoming a distribution platform of pre-qualified candidates for them and your database is those people. They will NOT use it directly, but indirectly, you bet.

Does that make more sense for ya????

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I agree, reason why I don't want my messages plugging their customer app, but the same goes the other way, what happens when others customers find you through the app?
then the price war will commence within your own app. they say they can give you a code so it is exclusively for you and your clients will be your clients only but.,.... the client and admin will have the option to change that code whenever they please so yes your clients are jeopardized. NOT STOLEN remember you gave them permission and actually sent them and your client gave them permission when he / she downloaded the app YOU CONVINCED THEM TO DOWNLOAD is the you you and you and always you ringing the bell yet? well it will when the time time comes for questioning in case you end up trying to file legal complaints. I got make it clear though. THIS IS NOT A SCAM! this is a fooking genius business idea that I don't wanna participate on.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
then the price war will commence within your own app. they say they can give you a code so it is exclusively for you and your clients will be your clients only but.,.... the client and admin will have the option to change that code whenever they please so yes your clients are jeopardized. NOT STOLEN remember you gave them permission and actually sent them and your client gave them permission when he / she downloaded the app YOU CONVINCED THEM TO DOWNLOAD is the you you and you and always you ringing the bell yet? well it will when the time time comes for questioning in case you end up trying to file legal complaints. I got make it clear though. THIS IS NOT A SCAM! this is a fooking genius business idea that I don't wanna participate on.

Never said this was illegal or a scam or stolen, I already knew all this from the beginning. I only said it would be illegal if they are contacting my database without my consent.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
agree @Pinosan agree, its a very good Idea. And at some point some kind of service ap much like uber will take hold. But all stakeholders must be held up as such and share in the profits as well. This ap is very, very, predatory with them coming out too far ahead in the process to call each other stakeholders in my opinion.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Never said this was illegal or a scam or stolen, I already knew all this from the beginning. I only said it would be illegal if they are contacting my database without my consent.
I did not say that for you Jose i said it becasue all this Gorillas. Tomorrow some crack head masquerading as a carpet cleaner will say; OH, AND MARTIN SAID IT IS A SCAM. you know how we are sometimes.

Reactions: Jose Holguin