Housecall Pro - No Class

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Sorry you feel that way, I would too. The fact of the matter is that having a free app was costing our business a significant amount of money due to fraud and engineering costs/overhead. With this change we can better support our paying customers now and for years to come!
We cannot support the free version anymore from a business standpoint. Would love to keep doing it, but it just wouldn't be fair to the current paying Pros on the platform.

We'd rather reinvest all that cost into improvements and new features for Pros looking to grow their business so we can stay inline with our mission: Help good Pros become great Pros.

just curious

so what it costing too much or wasn’t fair too paying pros? too have a free version

randyg6224

Jan 1, 2011
Green Bay, WI
www.newsolidsurfacecleaning.com
Real Name
Randy Grygiel
Business Location
United States
No one should need Housecall Pro. It's a useless service sold to new business owners who don't understand what it takes to start the ball rolling. The prey on the fledgling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TMF Forums mobile app

I’m not a new business owner, my ball is rolling. HCP is a tool that allowed me to take my company to the next level. And I’m far from fledgling!!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
House call pro has proved to be an invaluable tool for us. The communication with our customers has never been better, and they love it! I hear it every single day. The email and post card campaigns has been awesome. Customers are much better prepared for my arrival, Iv'e trained them to keep the driveway open, prevac, pick up their stuff ect... I have also netted 105 5 star Google reviews and ask for referrals from my customers for their friends and families with the automatic follow up email and postcard.

Problems with customer databases is nonexistent and just a total bunch of crap. Sorry Johnny, I like you buddy but I can't understand for the life of me why you invest so much negative energy trying to put down a great thing. House Call Pro is the bomb!
Help me to understand. You're saying " I've trained them...
So that's being communicated trough HCP also?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Roland and the gang at HCP have been great. I went there with my wife last week to set up our online booking and tweak a few things. They have done nothing less than jump through rings of fire for us since day 1 ( about a year ago). Roland... be glad the impossible to please are identifying themselves! They are not worth the effort! I’ll leave it with this question..... how many of you complainers are charging more than you used to for your service? If anyone answers NO, then you should have your head examined. Keep up the good work Roland.
What are you rambling about?

Last edited:

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Im not a HCP customer and maybe im not seeing something here but ......people got a free service for a year or two or however long but when asked to start paying 40, 50, 60 bucks a month its this massive worlds gonna end issue and HCP is the devil. If its a good service and its helping you grow your company keep it....if its not worth 40 or so dollars a month move along and quit biting...jesus you got the service for free for quit a while. Times change business models change if they have to start charging they have to start charging, not like they charged you then told you it wasnt free anymore. If 40 or so dollars a month is to much for you for a good service and is anything more than an insignificant amount you might want to reevaluate your businesd plan and figure something different out.

Last edited:

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
Help me to understand. You're saying " I've trained them...
So that's being communicated trough HCP also?

Yes, I used to get frustrated when I rolled up on a job to find that the driveway was filled with cars, trash on the carpets, pets jumping on me ect... These are things that I sometimes forgot to tell them when they called to book.

Now, I have an email that automatically goes out 2 days before we are schedule to arrive that outlines what they should do to prepare for our arrival. Such as put up the pets, clear the driveway, pick up their stuff and yes I even give them the opportunity to pre-vac to save some cash. This has proven to work very well, most of my customers are much better prepared for us. We also have pretty much eliminated no shows completely, I used to go to jobs where the people simply forgot about us or forgot to cancel and were not home, believe it or not that happened to us a couple of times a month. Again, this was partly my fault because I had no system or discipline to call all my jobs the day before. So, that is what I mean by training my customers to behave like I want them too, and they actually appreciate the information.

We still have few folks that could care less about reading our email but most do.

Bolton's Carpet

Dec 28, 2015
Real Name
Paul Bolton
I have found HCP to be a wonderful tool. Well worth the money. My clients love the communications and the paperless receipts. I don't understand why anyone would think they are stealing your clients just because their on their server. If they look for another service through the app more power to them that's what is for.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The things that the app does is fine. I like what the APP does, but it's not worth 40-$100 a month for a o/o single user. To be honest there's a bunch of the features that I'd never use and that my market doesn't care about.

And it does put a bad taste in one's mouth when we're told one thing, then 180°. We were told it would always be free for o/o operator single user. Now that doesn't exist as of March 1. To be honest I'd of never used it at all if I knew this was going to happen. Come March 1 I'll be deleting mine.

I'm an old fart and maybe that's my problem. It was going to cost me 468. if I paid for a year in advance to use their software and right at 600. a year if paid by the month. When you consider this is ongoing for the rest of your natural life or the life of your business I think the cost is excessive. It would make this the most expensive software I've ever personally encountered by a huge margin. I must say though that it was easier than going back to my old ways! I might have to rethink my decision. Thing is, I'm pretty sure the price increases are just getting started and this gives me great pause. I like paying for value. I extremely dislike being taken advantage of.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
I'm an old fart and maybe that's my problem. It was going to cost me 468. if I paid for a year in advance to use their software and right at 600. a year if paid by the month. When you consider this is ongoing for the rest of your natural life or the life of your business I think the cost is excessive. It would make this the most expensive software I've ever personally encountered by a huge margin. I must say though that it was easier than going back to my old ways! I might have to rethink my decision. Thing is, I'm pretty sure the price increases are just getting started and this gives me great pause. I like paying for value. I extremely dislike being taken advantage of.

There is no price increase, it's the same pricing + you get the TMF discount. Whatever price and plan you come in at, you can keep forever (and get the benefits of system upgrades/UI/UX etc).

Jul 13, 2018
Real Name
Steve Seifert
Very sad to see the sour grapes about HouseCall Pro. We launched with them in March '18 and have had nothing but incredibly positive experiences and business results. We save 10-12 hours a week in just data entry. And by combining HCP with NiceJob, we have nearly tripled our online customer reviews since March. The HouseCall Pro staff are incredibly responsive, helpful and are interested in helping Pros build and scale their businesses, not just help them better use the platform. Case in point is their MasterMind events (we attended one a few weeks ago) where they bring in their executives and staff to speak and train on such issues and hiring and training, how to do SEO, etc. None of this has to do with their software, but everything to do with bringing their cross-functional knowledge to help small business Pros be successful.

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
Very sad to see the sour grapes about HouseCall Pro. We launched with them in March '18 and have had nothing but incredibly positive experiences and business results. We save 10-12 hours a week in just data entry. And by combining HCP with NiceJob, we have nearly tripled our online customer reviews since March. The HouseCall Pro staff are incredibly responsive, helpful and are interested in helping Pros build and scale their businesses, not just help them better use the platform. Case in point is their MasterMind events (we attended one a few weeks ago) where they bring in their executives and staff to speak and train on such issues and hiring and training, how to do SEO, etc. None of this has to do with their software, but everything to do with bringing their cross-functional knowledge to help small business Pros be successful.
Thank you soooo much for the kind words! We're so very happy that you have found success with HCP. Keep up the amazing work. We're here to help and make sure you are on a path to succeeding sooner rather then later!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There are a few plants and a few who are jealous of TMF’s success. Therefore they try and undermine or harm great services and people. They are nefarious. HouseCall Pro is incredible, pits your business in overdrive and maximizes profits. Old school does hard. New school is much better. Once you go paperless you can never go back!

Reactions: Suction Junkie

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
There is no more free tier - we offer a free trial of ALL of our features. We want to focus all our engineering power on our paid Pros that are investing in themselves and our business.

Oh I know. That is quite obvious.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
HCP Is the best CRM on the market today! not for me though.
I book online
send two reminders (or one pending on how many days in advance they book)
Send a confirmation e-mail the day before.
send a "we are on the way" e-mail and text message 1 hour before the appointment
send a thank you for your biz e-mail after the job is completed.

send a reminder 6 months with an offer for other services they did not buy.

send a remainder 1 year later and so forth for the next three years. all automated Once they book the job, the sequence triggers itself.

no HCP
No SM
no bull shit that takes my money every month and never keeps its promises.

One time investment of $600 FOR A LIFETIME all updates and upgrades included for A LIFETIME

look beyond the FAVORS these companies offer you guys. There is a bunch of companies that eill not stick their finger up yer ass once they have you in the hook.

Who wants to know what I use? FREE OF CHARGE FOR LIFE I only paid for the extensions.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
HCP Is the best CRM on the market today! not for me though.
I book online
send two reminders (or one pending on how many days in advance they book)
Send a confirmation e-mail the day before.
send a "we are on the way" e-mail and text message 1 hour before the appointment
send a thank you for your biz e-mail after the job is completed.

send a reminder 6 months with an offer for other services they did not buy.

send a remainder 1 year later and so forth for the next three years. all automated Once they book the job, the sequence triggers itself.

no HCP
No SM
no bull shit that takes my money every month and never keeps its promises.

One time investment of $600 FOR A LIFETIME all updates and upgrades included for A LIFETIME

look beyond the FAVORS these companies offer you guys. There is a bunch of companies that eill not stick their finger up yer ass once they have you in the hook.

Who wants to know what I use? FREE OF CHARGE FOR LIFE I only paid for the extensions.

horale compa