Housecall pro and yelp integrated pilot | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Housecall pro and yelp integrated pilot

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
One more thing millennials are the future regardless. So those investing in branding their companies towards them are planting seeds in a major demographic...
By the time millenials grow up and decide to buy homes and cars that they like and want to invest in maintenance and upkeep I will have died of old age, millenials are not my target audience and never will be.

Reactions: Allied

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
By the time millenials grow up and decide to buy homes and cars that they like and want to invest in maintenance and upkeep I will have died of old age, millenials are not my target audience and never will be.
Here is a couple line from a study right of Home advisor . (Baby boomers and millennials are leading the charge. Baby boomers are doing more home projects — and spending more money — than any other group of homeowners, followed closely by millennials.)
You are simply just spotting nonsense to try to make a point .keep up with your narrow minded thinking. And your competition will put you out of business. Wish I had more carpet cleaners like you in my area . Make business a lot easier.
Source: https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/true-cost-report/#ixzz58Da6wd5x

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Here is a couple line from a study right of Home advisor . (Baby boomers and millennials are leading the charge. Baby boomers are doing more home projects — and spending more money — than any other group of homeowners, followed closely by millennials.)
You are simply just spotting nonsense to try to make a point .keep up with your narrow minded thinking. And your competition will put you out of business. Wish I had more carpet cleaners like you in my area . Make business a lot easier.
Source: https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/true-cost-report/#ixzz58Da6wd5x
Actually I'm a baby boomer. However I quoted a article earlier showing that millennials actually care less about homes and cars and would rather spend their money on "experience" based things.

It also helps a lot that being 42 years old and being married to a 20 year old millennial......I get to hear the Millennial viewpoint on what they will spend their money on. ( Mind you, my wife does not act like a millennial at all, but she knows how they think). You must be a millennial to be defending them so hard

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
View attachment 76147
From your own article, millennials tend to DO IT YOURSELF.

Here is another article proving my point
http://www.crescent-news.com/on_the_wire/editors_pick/how-millennials-spend-their-money/article_f44c7198-264b-51da-94b0-b207b618f629.html

MILLENNIAL KIDS DON'T SPEND MONEY ON CARPET CLEANING OR HOME REPAIR SERVICES
Lmfao thats a crock of sht. Millennials dont do anything. Well their girlfriends and wives diy around the house. So they will call you. To do what they cant. The millennial men lol are more concerned about themselves. They will more likely just buy new rather then fix something old. They are the “throw away” generation. Baby boomers and gen x are the fix it till its dead generation.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
View attachment 76147

http://www.crescent-news.com/on_the_wire/editors_pick/how-millennials-spend-their-money/article_f44c7198-264b-51da-94b0-b207b618f629.html

Lmfao thats a crock of sht. Millennials dont do anything. Well their girlfriends and wives diy around the house. So they will call you. To do what they cant. The millennial men lol are more concerned about themselves. They will more likely just buy new rather then fix something old. They are the “throw away” generation. Baby boomers and gen x are the fix it till its dead generation.
I agree 100%. Which is the point I was trying to press. Millennials are NOT my target market. They will not spend their money with Services providers

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
View attachment 76147

I agree 100%. Which is the point I was trying to press. Millennials are NOT my target market. They will not spend their money with Services providers
Some will not all are like that. But even the motorcycle manufacturers are feeling it believe it or not.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
View attachment 76147

My shcedule is filled each day with 30-somethings and up...not a fuggin millenial anywhere to be seen...

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
For us this is a key demographic 26 - 40 years of age . People graduating college,starting families.kids pets first time home buyers.

Reactions: Allied

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Dead- on, man. There is obviously exception to the rule, but that's what I'm seeing also. They( millennials)like to spend money on improvements done by baby boomers and also have a keen eye for the latest trends in home improvement . They often tend to be vocal about quality of the improvements done by baby boomers and over glorify their living quarters after such improvements.

Reactions: keep it clean

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
My shcedule is filled each day with 30-somethings and up...not a fuggin millenial anywhere to be seen...
:writer:Maybe every one doesn’t know what a millennial is in not talking about 19 or 20 year old https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

You win the "i know the book definition of millenial" contest.

But you know damn well he is referring to the younger side of that demographic. Some of us are not going to be in this game long enough to care about advertising to them.

Each of my boosted FB adds have age limits...=>30

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
For us this is a key demographic 26 - 40 years of age . People graduating college,starting families.kids pets first time home buyers.
Knowing your market matters for sure. Mid 30 and up for us is key.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
I clean for any age, thank the Lord I've been in business long enough (27 years) my word of mouth is non-stop. From April to December I am booked 3 weeks to month out. If a app or scheduling program you have to pay for will help your businesses, knock yourself out...I personally like to handle my own, where I go is geographically based, saves gas!! The program/app will not do this. So if it helps ya, WoooHooo. I turn down work each week. Some will/can not understand this. I pray every night for my 75% repeat client base.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
We hit 50°in lower Wisconsin the other day, I had 13 calls before noon... But I still have to take the temps/snow days to deal with, program again will Not take that in consideration, I have to schedule with long range forecast in mind, and occasionally have to reschedule, cancel appointments sure to low temps. Is the App/program going to adust for me, reshuffle, all my clients, the do it geographically??
Doubt it

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
For the company that has multiple techs, when then yes I'm sure you HAVE to fill in time slots. Most things have time and place, and use. For some of us, commuters, smart phones isn't the silver bullet. I recommend social media.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Online Booking is NOT about finding the perfect time in your schedule, with the perfect technician, at exactly the perfect price.

Instabook and Online Booking are about TOP OF THE FUNNEL, and making sure you don't get window shopped by homeowners and lose potential business to competitors.

It's my personal goal to make sure that Pros using HCP are crushing their local competition that is not using HCP. Anything I can do to help this cause, I'll have our engineers build - Online Booking and Instabook are key to this!

Reactions: Scott Kaun