House Call Pro, extremely slow and unresponsive

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
same thing every year omg its soooo annoying. @rolandal Idk what is the deal but as soon as the busy season hits every year your guys system gets so painfully slow and unresponsive on Android.

It times out constantly, struggles to load the schedule every time the app is opened, restarting the device doesnt seem to help, cant close out customers, cant get schedule info.

This is with full bars 4G verizon, I can watch HD movies but I cant load a simple schedule or run a CC. As I type this I am in the office on Wifi and I cant even load my schedule on any device other than the PC.

We love the app but this is getting old, every year we talk with your tech support and its the same thing.

Do you guys have any plans to fix this? are your servers overloaded? is the software not working properly because of something with Android?

any help is much appreciated, this is really becoming a huge pain.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
even on wifi I will try and load the house call schedule and the circle just spins and spins never finishes loading.

same thing when you click on customer tab, etc.

most of the time it works, but every time the busy season comes we have this same problem. I have talked with their tech support about it plenty of times.

Its not the device and its not verizon and its not my wifi, its @HouseCall Pro and their system.

my best guess is their servers are overloaded which is weird because this isnt like we are trying to load huge HD videos or pictures, its just a schedule.

It is honestly getting really really annoying, I have had 5-6 customers in the last week that I have been sitting there with the loading circle spinning and I cant even close out the work order

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
even on wifi I will try and load the house call schedule and the circle just spins and spins never finishes loading.

same thing when you click on customer tab, etc.

most of the time it works, but every time the busy season comes we have this same problem. I have talked with their tech support about it plenty of times.

Its not the device and its not verizon and its not my wifi, its @HouseCall Pro and their system.

my best guess is their servers are overloaded which is weird because this isnt like we are trying to load huge HD videos or pictures, its just a schedule.

It is honestly getting really really annoying, I have had 5-6 customers in the last week that I have been sitting there with the loading circle spinning and I cant even close out the work order
We haven't got any complaints about being slow. That being said...during the busiest times of day, the system tends run slower then usual but nothing where the calendar just spins.

Some things to try:
1) Kill the app
2) Sign out
3) Update the app
4) delete and re-install the app

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
@HouseCall Pro Ive actually 3 times personally over the last 2 years talked with you guys about it, maybe they didnt put in a support ticket or whatever but I have been complaining about it for quite some time now lol

Ive also posted on here about it before.

I get the same tips, close and restart app, restart device, log out and log back in, etc
and then today its back to working fine.

next minute same thing, just spinning in circles and cant load.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
@Suction Junkie its a brand new galaxy s9+, all up to date on system software etc. @HouseCall Pro is up to date and the phone is not overloaded on memory etc.

Its not the device, definitely on housecalls end because I check other apps when its happening and Im loading HD movies instantly, every other app on the phone is working great.

Then back to house call schedule and just a circle spinning and spinning, finally sometimes loads the schedule then I click on the work order and back to the loading screen.

This happened last year and the year before, my guys are out in the field just dead in the water with house call cant load their next appointment or close out the current customer.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
This is happening on 3 separate devices. All I ever get for help from @HouseCall Pro is the same... restart phone, close the app and re open, log out and log back in, etc

for the record sometimes logging out of house call and logging back in does fix it temporarily, but thats a huge pain when you have to do 5-6x a day just to make your CRM software work.