Hotsy For Carpet Cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hotsy For Carpet Cleaning

IdahoMavrick

Sep 9, 2017
Real Name
Nick LeQ
I am needing to build my own truck mount. I have a Hotsy machine that would make a great addition. It has been specially modified to create steam rather than just hot water. However, I am stumped as to extraction. I see many machines online that extract and heat water but, I've already got the water covered. What would you guys recommend??

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I see you call yourself Idahomavrik....are you located in Idaho? If so where. I am near Boise. There are a few around this area that are good guys and pretty friendly.

Do you have experience in carpet cleaning?

I wish I was in Idaho now! Just waiting for this hurricane to pass!

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
I see you call yourself Idahomavrik....are you located in Idaho? If so where. I am near Boise. There are a few around this area that are good guys and pretty friendly.

Do you have experience in carpet cleaning?
A little off topic.... who's the guy that lives on top of the hill, you know, the dude who designed how to cut/ process McDonald's fries?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
call Kasey with relia-built truckmounts, he can build you a custom machine for just vacuum and prob help with dialing pressure and heat on the Hotsy to work for carpet cleaning. Hes in colorado

you would need waste tank, motor, blower. His welding is top notch so is his overall build quality, and his prices are very reasonable.

Hotsys are awsome, could be really nice to have that extra heat for hard surface cleaning, especially showers

IdahoMavrick

Sep 9, 2017
Real Name
Nick LeQ
I'm in Twin. Carpet cleaned for a bit but, never full time. Were doing a lot of carpet cleaning this year though. By the way, the Hotsy can be dialed into a temperature range....so I can hit 150...190...230...etc

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
I am needing to build my own truck mount. I have a Hotsy machine that would make a great addition. It has been specially modified to create steam rather than just hot water. However, I am stumped as to extraction. I see many machines online that extract and heat water but, I've already got the water covered. What would you guys recommend??

I would strongly advise against going through the trouble of trying to incorporate such a machine into the already difficult challenge of trying to cobble together a reliable Franken'Mount to serve as a daily bread n'butter machine focused on production.

And again, steam will not work, you want hot water for cleaning carpets, and it's not even a necessity.

Such a machine would have more value on it's own if you target other services, especially commercially.

What model Hotsy is it?

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
I'm in Twin. Carpet cleaned for a bit but, never full time. Were doing a lot of carpet cleaning this year though. By the way, the Hotsy can be dialed into a temperature range....so I can hit 150...190...230...etc

Great units either way, but not as a core component of an already complicated enclosed setup.

You gotta exhaust those things right too.

I had one and know how much stinky hot exhaust they put out.

Don't do it to yourself.

Lots of easier options out there I am sure.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
A little off topic.... who's the guy that lives on top of the hill, you know, the dude who designed how to cut/ process McDonald's fries?

J R Simplot. I think he became a Multi-billionaire. One of the founders of Micron (computer chip manufacture) also. Was a pretty good guy.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States

Twin is a nice area. As others have said piecing together a machine can be a lot of work. Unless you are really mechanical. Myself I would rather work on my business and not on my equipment. Especially when a $200-300 monthly payment can have a pretty good machine.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States

I would look at buying a used system that everything works on but the heat exchanger. Then you can use your heater. And won't have to start from scratch.

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
Change pressure switch to volume switch and bypass excess water from valve to walter tank and match jets to the volume text me the number where I can text you back or shoot me email at [email protected]
I will walk you through

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I know this post is several years back, but I'm giving my 2 cents for anyone who thinks about doing this. Do NOT under any circumstances try to use a truck mounted machine in customers homes that puts out pure steam. You will regret it sooner or later and probably sooner. I'm dead serious. The regret will come in the way of personal injury to yourself or others as well as being sued for property damage. I'm honestly not sure where to draw the line on how hot a truck mounted carpet cleaner should get, but if you can't clean a carpet with like 220 or so you're messing with catastrophe. Burned lawns, literally melted carpets, injured techs, exploding pressure lines in million dollar homes come to mind. Btw, ALL of those things HAVE happened multiple times. There is a limit to how hot you can clean. Don't find out the hard way what that limit is and stay in a reasonably safe range or you just might regret it big time. Just my opinion so if you want to dump on me go right ahead.

To be crystal clear. Very hot water that produces steam is NOT the same thing as "pure steam" where all the water is completely vaporized.

Reactions: sbsscn

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
I know this post is several years back, but I'm giving my 2 cents for anyone who thinks about doing this. Do NOT under any circumstances try to use a truck mounted machine in customers homes that puts out pure steam. You will regret it sooner or later and probably sooner. I'm dead serious. The regret will come in the way of personal injury to yourself or others as well as being sued for property damage. I'm honestly not sure where to draw the line on how hot a truck mounted carpet cleaner should get, but if you can't clean a carpet with like 220 or so you're messing with catastrophe. Burned lawns, literally melted carpets, injured techs, exploding pressure lines in million dollar homes come to mind. Btw, ALL of those things HAVE happened multiple times. There is a limit to how hot you can clean. Don't find out the hard way what that limit is and stay in a reasonably safe range or you just might regret it big time. Just my opinion so if you want to dump on me go right ahead.

To be crystal clear. Very hot water that produces steam is NOT the same thing as "pure steam" where all the water is completely vaporized.
Brow 555ss is hot water Disel washer not steamer. Steamer will damage vinyl floors melt carpet and so on I agree with you.

Reactions: wandwizard

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
so this all started on Sept 2017. it should be complet by now. we would like to see your project.