Hotel carpet and tile & grout cleaning pricing.

AquaSteam LLC

Jul 30, 2009
NJ
www.AquaSteamer.com
Real Name
Nelson Brown
Business Location
United States
I've been in the business for 30 years now but, never did hotels. I was recently asked from a new customer after doing his home if I would be will to do a 6 story 40+ hotel rooms. All the carpeted rooms and tile in the bathrooms. What's the best way to price something like that? I use a truck mount but, I know I will need a portable to do this.

Thanks

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Price it so you make money, don’t worry about what the hotel owner “wants to pay”.

I’m like you, I’m mostly residential although over the last few years I have picked up a couple hotel accounts. What you need to do is figure how long you will spend in each room. I’ve found on the hotels I’ve done that with 2 people working I can do a hotel room carpet in about 7 minutes. One person is prespraying, moving chairs and other small items, and manipulating hoses while the other uses the wand. If you are doing tile in each room too you will have to add on more time.

For arguments sake let’s say you spend an average of 12 minutes per room to do the carpet and tile. You will be cleaning 5 rooms per hour. Take your target $$$ per hour (let’s say $150) and divide it out. $150 divided by 5 rooms per hour would give you a price per room of $30.

For just carpet at 7 minutes per room the price works out to be around $17.50 per room.

Adjust my math by what ever your target $$$ per hour is.

If you give your price and the hotel manager laughs at you saying he usually pays half of what you quoted him then wish him a good day and be on your way. If we worked for what our customers “want to pay” we would never be profitable.

I do use my truckmount on a 6 story hotel. If you can park by a back stairwell it makes it fairly easy. Tell the manager you have to be able to work room to room on each floor as you can’t be running back and forth to do a room here and a room there then back over here again.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Great advice. What if the rooms are rather large in size. I'm used to charging 45 to 50 per room residential. LOL. I know it's a much bigger job overall. Something to get used to.
He's not happy with his in house cleaning crew. He wants it done right.

Thanks Todd

I’m the same as you on my residential pricing.

If they are bigger rooms then the price will need to be higher. I’d still use the formula of $$$ per hour divided by the number of rooms per hour you can do. If the rooms are large and you are only able to do 3 rooms per hour then the price would come in at $50 per room.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I have a hotel we clean all the drapes and carpet on and I always do flat rate. Makes life so much faster and easier. It also makes it easy for the hotel mgr.

We always do a room limit though.
A minimum room limit

Last edited:

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
i have done hotels off and on for 15 years.......
usally around 4-5 per year......
they will pay 10-15$ per room here...i charge 12$ room

so you have to have your system down.......
i use TM and rotovac booster....
or 2 boosters.......w TM heat......

takes me 4-5 hours per floor....20-25 rooms per floor....
charge for hall...and make around 400$ per floor...
1000-1200$ for the entire hotel...w 60 rooms........

and yes if you get your system down.....you can get real close to 100$ an hour......usually around 80$ an hour....

I pm you if you want videos of my setup......