Hot water for extractor for cheap alternative let me know what you think | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hot water for extractor for cheap alternative let me know what you think

barefoot

Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO
Real Name
dave sigler
Business Location
United States
I preheat the freshwater tank on my van between jobs to up to 140-150° with a 20' ½" copper coil in the freshwater tank using the coolant diverted from the heater core. One of the best hacks I've ever done. I will do the same thing with my ETM build this spring, for less than $100 it's a forever mod.
Awesome idea. So simple.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I preheat the freshwater tank on my van between jobs to up to 140-150° with a 20' ½" copper coil in the freshwater tank using the coolant diverted from the heater core. One of the best hacks I've ever done. I will do the same thing with my ETM build this spring, for less than $100 it's a forever mod.
Was thinking though... what if we ran solution through heater core (exchanger). That was submerged in engine coolant? I know truck will need be running. But for some of the snow fighters they may have to. To keep truck warm. Idk just brainstorming. I saw this is how my hot water is heated in my house using summer/winter hookup. And is freakin hot lol. 180* out of the faucet. So it got my gears turning.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Was thinking though... what if we ran solution through heater core (exchanger). That was submerged in engine coolant? I know truck will need be running. But for some of the snow fighters they may have to. To keep truck warm. Idk just brainstorming. I saw this is how my hot water is heated in my house using summer/winter hookup. And is freakin hot lol. 180* out of the faucet. So it got my gears turning.
If you welded up a box to put the heater core in it you surely could. Definitely a little tougher but doable.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you welded up a box to put the heater core in it you surely could. Definitely a little tougher but doable.
I like the idea you went with.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Sorry about the late reply, I don't get any notifications with my Droid on the new forum.

I used a standard 1/2" coil from the home center, threaded it in the tank and bent up the ends to attach the shark bite fittings then used 1/2" npt x ⅝ hose barb to attach the heater hose. All materials came from the Home Center, except the 30 foot box of heater hose from AutoZone and took one hour to completely install. Total cost $100
Cheers!
View attachment 74803View attachment 74804
Jim, at this rate you're going to wind up building a truckmount that does everything, including wanding and getting the guy running it a drink. Soon everyone will be out of business, and you'll be sitting at home merrily guiding your self-running van from one job to the next via drone.

YOU'RE SKYNET DAMMIT. STOP IT!!!!!!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
One of our trucks has a simple but really effective water pre heat feature. The incoming water from the customers spigot is fed through a coil like Jim's that wraps around the truckmount exhaust in many coils to pre heat the water before it enters the little giant.

saves a lot of money on propane in the winter months, gets the water up to about 130 before the little giant which is a big difference over say 40 degree water coming from the house

Reactions: barefoot

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
One of our trucks has a simple but really effective water pre heat feature. The incoming water from the customers spigot is fed through a coil like Jim's that wraps around the truckmount exhaust in many coils to pre heat the water before it enters the little giant.

saves a lot of money on propane in the winter months, gets the water up to about 130 before the little giant which is a big difference over say 40 degree water coming from the house
For you that has to be a decent savings over the lifetime of the machine. I look at total cost of ownership as I get older.

It really shines for us when dual wanding because the heat exchangers can easily keep up with the demand.

Reactions: ACP

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Dang. Some real ingenuity here.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Fit aftermarket transmission cooler
And then use the redundant factory trans cooler which lives inside the radiator to pipe solution through...

Reactions: vibra vacster

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States