Hot Shot TM regulator leek

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Try testingflow with just a blank QC on the solution line. Start at an idle wide open flow, throttle all the way up, does it deliver water like it should increasing flow with RPM's?
Ok ill try that and I'll try to post a video of whats going on with the PSI.
Thanks Jim,

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Try testingflow with just a blank QC on the solution line. Start at an idle wide open flow, throttle all the way up, does it deliver water like it should increasing flow with RPM's?
Do you think maybe the pressure gage got blown out with everything else and thats why its acting all crazy?

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
If everything else is checking out, it's possible.
Hi Jim, Happy New Year!

I have an update , i changed the pressure gauge like we talked about and that was fine. it turned out the brand new pressure regulator was bad. I figured it had to be the pump or a defective regulator and for $40 i went with the long shot that i got a bad regulator. Im returning the bad regulator for another one to keep as a spare. They seem to be fragile.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hi Jim, Happy New Year!

I have an update , i changed the pressure gauge like we talked about and that was fine. it turned out the brand new pressure regulator was bad. I figured it had to be the pump or a defective regulator and for $40 i went with the long shot that i got a bad regulator. Im returning the bad regulator for another one to keep as a spare. They seem to be fragile.
Happy New year!

Wow, you never expect the new part to be defective, but it's possible. You have been through quite a bit getting this right, but you hung in there. Glad you got everything running right. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Happy New year!

Wow, you never expect the new part to be defective, but it's possible. You have been through quite a bit getting this right, but you hung in there. Glad you got everything running right. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.
Hi Jim, well i thought i had it licked but it turned out not to be the pressure regulator. i spoke to soon.

So i woke it up from its winter sleep and as i was spraying it started acting up again. I've had nothing but trouble since i got this Hotshot . Well today i took it to a friends shop and he and the kid working there figured out it was plumbed wrong. The guy that had this before me must have done it. I just assumed it was supposed to be like that.

They moved two lines around one going into the heater. Now it's finally working and the pressure regulator is adjusting the psi like it should. Now im happy and can get to work.

Hope all is going well with you.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
looks like you have a unloader and not a regulator

on my last TM i bought a new one from ebay less than $40.
I cant remember the model. ill see if i an look it up and post it

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hi Jim, well i thought i had it licked but it turned out not to be the pressure regulator. i spoke to soon.

So i woke it up from its winter sleep and as i was spraying it started acting up again. I've had nothing but trouble since i got this Hotshot . Well today i took it to a friends shop and he and the kid working there figured out it was plumbed wrong. The guy that had this before me must have done it. I just assumed it was supposed to be like that.

They moved two lines around one going into the heater. Now it's finally working and the pressure regulator is adjusting the psi like it should. Now im happy and can get to work.

Hope all is going well with you.
Wow, that definitely is a handicap to fix if it was plumbed wrong from the start. Glad you got it fixed up and running right! Hopefully she is nice to you now and runs smoothly.