HostDry - Racine Industries. What's Happening?

Dave Weidlich

Nov 19, 2013
Petaluma, CA
www.advanceddry.com
Real Name
Dave Weidlich
Business Location
United States
logo-host.jpg
Racine Industries, which manufactures Host machines and Host Dry Carpet Cleaner ("microsponges") seems to be in trouble. A recent newsletter admitted to "RI’s bizarre cash crunch experience." They stopped manufacturing machines and other cleaning products. Currently, you can order 12# buckets of Regular & SJ and they hope to provide 30# buckets within a few months. Then, they will fulfill back-orders first.

Does anyone know more about what's going on with Racine Industries?
and
Any recommendations for a substitute for the Host Dry Carpet Cleaner ("microsponges")?

I used a Lindhaus product - Dry Carpet Cleaning Powder. It's no better than Host.

Reactions: Green Clean 1

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I started using HOST in 1981 and went to the HOST School three times in the 80s. When we switched to HWE in 1989 we still used the HOST machine as a CRB to brush in the prespray (which is just catching on now LOL)

A fellow cleaner informed me that he had trouble getting HOST product so I called a person I know in the company. They said that yes they had production issues and to give the fellow cleaner her name and she would make sure he was taken care of.

Then I talked to another cleaner that said that the rumor is that there is a divorce/power struggle within the company higher ups.

So to answer your question, Im not sure whats going on and to tell you the truth I dont think we will ever really know.

By the way, I was contacted last year by a distributor that was going out of business and bought all his HOST machine parts so if they do actually stop producing the machine permanently it may turn out to be a gold mine!

Reactions: Dave Weidlich

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I started using HOST in 1981 and went to the HOST School three times in the 80s. When we switched to HWE in 1989 we still used the HOST machine as a CRB to brush in the prespray (which is just catching on now LOL)

A fellow cleaner informed me that he had trouble getting HOST product so I called a person I know in the company. They said that yes they had production issues and to give the fellow cleaner her name and she would make sure he was taken care of.

Then I talked to another cleaner that said that the rumor is that there is a divorce/power struggle within the company higher ups.

So to answer your question, Im not sure whats going on and to tell you the truth I dont think we will ever really know.

By the way, I was contacted last year by a distributor that was going out of business and bought all his HOST machine parts so if they do actually stop producing the machine permanently it may turn out to be a gold mine!

Dave Weidlich

Nov 19, 2013
Petaluma, CA
www.advanceddry.com
Real Name
Dave Weidlich
Business Location
United States

Thanks.