Hoss 700

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I just bought one for $800 used. I’ve heard ppl say it has a water restriction built in. Any idea about whether it’s good to remove or not to increase water flow?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I would say remove the restrictor and install a good quality stainless steel ball valve thats rated for high temp and PSI.

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure it uses restrictor plates/disc, remove the plate/disc and plump in a ball valve for control

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I just bought one for $800 used. I’ve heard ppl say it has a water restriction built in. Any idea about whether it’s good to remove or not to increase water flow?
Man thats a steal!! You got one heck of a deal on that.

Ive heard very good things about it. I like the " no more felt seals"
looks like it has good weight and agitation looks good too.

When I bought my first 360 I did not know the Hoss existed.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would say remove the restrictor and install a good quality stainless steel ball valve thats rated for high temp and PSI.

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure it uses restrictor plates/disc, remove the plate/disc and plump in a ball valve for control
Spot on. Why that’s not a standard part instead disks is beyond me.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I've used a Hoss, and my biggest complaint is the aggressiveness of that big heavy metal plate-head. Great for low-pile commerical in good shape. Wouldn't use it on high-pile resi or anything that has loose threads. It will unzip 3 feet of loose Berber in a heartbeat if you're not careful. Don't ask me how I know this. Please.

I much prefer the 360i, despite its smaller head.