Hose Reels

Jul 28, 2016
Real Name
Jay
We're looking into other options for hose reels in our new Ford Transit HR 350. We want the reels to come our the side door as they do all of our other vans and we want the room in the back for other things.

We have Reel Innovations on our radar right now but would like to look into other people too if there is any.

We like the low profile design of reel innovations stuff, probably the only option we have if we want to keep the reels at the side door. We are putting in a Titan 575 mounted on a rotomolded water tank by hydramaster. The reels would be mounted beside the tank partially over the tank. so a stand would be built partially over the tank for the vacuum reel to sit on.

Who else can I look into?

Reactions: aloha one

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Roakn is the leading manufacturer of hose reels for carpet cleaning. Good quality, standard designs that have been available for a long time.

Reel Innovations has several new and innovative designs.

Due to size and weight, hose reels are very expensive to ship. If you want to look further than the two mentioned above, it might be best to look for a local shop that can make you something to fit your need.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Echoing Scott, Rokan is the best-selling reel manufacturer by far in our area.

Reel Innovations has some very clever space-saving ideas, which may be worth the extra expense when you're looking at a console the size of that Titan with a belly tank.

One of my guys put a 318 in a Transit and mounted the reel above the console, but I think a Titan may be a wee bit too tall for that, lol.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Reel innovations is in a class all their own in my opinion....Rokan makes a good reel don't get me wrong but not as innovative as reel innovations. .....why doesn't anyone make a stainless reel?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reel Innovations is the best but not the fastest. Custom work takes time.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Reel innovations is in a class all their own in my opinion....Rokan makes a good reel don't get me wrong but not as innovative as reel innovations. .....why doesn't anyone make a stainless reel?
That seems to me like a No Brainer Spencer...Good Suggestion.
Wonder if SS being more difficult to weld has anything to do with it?
Know the cost of materials would be higher but not by a landslide.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I agree stainless to me just seems like a no Brainer it's not any more difficult to weld at all it is a little more pricey but personally I wouldn't have a problem paying a bit more for a "lifetime" hose reel.......unless it's a build to fail thing where you have to buy a new one every so often cause it's rusting out.

BayouCitySteam

Aug 16, 2016
Houston Texas
www.bayoucitysteam.com
Real Name
Mark Croudy Jr.
Business Location
United States
Agreed that reel innovations is SUPERIOR product. Make sure sure you order WAY in advance and make sure everything is communicated as far as shipping, lead time and expectations. There was a major snafu with my order that postponed a day long trip to be 4 days.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Reactions: rob allen

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
I have 2 water supply reels from reel innovation thats never even been mounted. It took 3 months to make each one. You can get it immediately

why im selling: The order took too long that I found the actual genuine blue line waterpond water supply reel b4 my first order arrived

Last edited:

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
Still in the original box never use.

DSCN9598.JPG

one reel comes with a swivel = $300 shipping included
w/o swivel reel = $250 shipping included

Swivels cost $60 at reel innovations. I was charged $45 shipping each reel. you don't have to wait 3 months. it ships as soon as you pay

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

View attachment 70074

Swivels cost $60 at reel innovations. I was charged $45 shipping each reel. you don't have to wait 3 months. it ships as soon as you pay
By water supply are you talking about solution hose or for a garden hose?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
250ft of 1/4 hose
200ft of 3/8 hose

UPDATE: Reel with the swivel just got SOLD!! .I only have the reel without the swivel. you would have to buy the swivel for it directly from reel innovations
Cool, guess while I was asking questions someone got it.
I'm looking for a reel for at a garden hose, would be great to find one that holds up to 150'. I'm left handed and everyone that has ever worked with me has been right handed, I hate trying to connect the hose if someone else wrapped it up as it gets all tangled.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

View attachment 70074

Great deal.