HOS Orbot is Crap DO NOT BUY

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
These problems don't seem to be exclusive to Hruby....

Like Chris, when I first got my Orbot I had some issues contacting HOS. He and I were the two driving forces behind the thread on the Vacaway board. However, as a result they had remedied the problem. Speaking from experience, if you call them direct they will answer the phone and they have techs you can speak to.

With that said, for the most part you really shouldn't have a reason to call them. Overall the machine is pretty straight forward. Drop a pad on the floor, place the machine head on top. Turn the machine on and start walking....

The original latches were a problem though as are some switches (like one of mine turned out to be). Both have been upgraded. Other than that you'll need to replace the Velcro drive pad from time to time due to wear and tear (maybe once or twice a year?).

Aside from the Cimex (is it an OP or a planetary machine?), I don't know if there is an OP out there that is 'perfect' by any cleaners standard. I talk to lots of VLM guys and we all have one gripe or another about every machine we use - be it performance, service or both.

Hack and moan....that's what we do.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Clean

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
No crying here dumbass. I expect a company to stand by a product they warrant. Especially when I have customers booked. Instead I got an answering machine no call back. No replies to multiple emails. I got nothing but the run around. Steve smith than got involved and stopped selling them immediately after seeing how non existent their customer service was. So many people were having the same problem no replies. I only got a call back after I posted his personal cell number on the forum. The reason given they were busy with people who ordered 1000 machines from them. I only ordered 1 so I guess I was not important until I started posting it on the forums. SCREW HOS!!! Defective hinges they knew would break but kept on selling them. Buy a real machine get a Trinity and get customer service!! Call With a problem even on Sunday and get a call back what a concept. Get a follow up call asking if you need tech support installing a part. John and Patty G are always available to help. John will even give you his personal cell number because he Stands Behind His Products unlike HOS.

With all due respect sir,
I like the way you warn us about Orbot, and then you slip in a perk about how great Trinity is. Hmmm?:rolleyes:
sounds fishy? Like the Trinity has no problems of their own? The only thing
you left out was their phone number and a link to their website.
Why are you using an Orbot when you have a Trinity? In your written paragraph it
sounds like you own both?
Would I like to own a Trinity? Absolutely, But Ive never tried one.
Ive also read some things though... But the good seems to outweigh the bad.

I got a Sprayborg and love it. Also got a Cimex, They both work good on commercial CGD with the pads,
Residential I use the Microfiber bonnet on the Bot. Never had a problem.
All I can say is some carpet cleaning situations call for the Bot and others call for the Cimex.
Its a preference thing.

Basically other than the problem with the switch & the hinges the Bot is bullet proof.
But I have never had a problem with either.
There is a guy on one of the forums that actually welded his own custom hinges, pretty resourceful.

The only reason the switches get hot is because people bang them around, They are delicate
When you fold down the hinges, it leaves the switches in a vulnerable position, so the switch may be
leaning against the wall, getting hammered
Just because the custy service is slow, would'nt change my mind about owning one.
But I hope HOS is reading this, to step up there game.

8jjr.jpg

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
man, lots of guys on here have it and love the Orbot. I am thinking about trading my cimex for one since I dont do but 1 commercial account. Could use the Orbot for a variety of things rather than just CGD with teh Cimex

Jeff, If you sell your Cimex I want first dibs on it.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't give the guy that called you a cry baby much time. He's posted one time in two years. Sounds like a ringer to me.

I've heard complaints about the Orbot as well as John G's Trinity. Both in regards to the product and the customer service. Leads me to think Cimex is the direction I'll go when the time comes.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't give the guy that called you a cry baby much time. He's posted one time in two years. Sounds like a ringer to me.

I've heard complaints about the Orbot as well as John G's Trinity. Both in regards to the product and the customer service. Leads me to think Cimex is the direction I'll go when the time comes.
I've run a lot of orbitals and would/will buy a cimex when the opportunity presents itself. The cimex is smooth!

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I could (and would if I haven't already) whine/gripe about John Gs service and that lousy machine I bought from him. It's a crap shoot out there some people love one thing another person hates. Do your research and make an educated guess. However I have used jigglers and swing machines and to me honest the swing machine is easier to use and does every bit the job the jiggler ever did. With that said I only ever used the Easy Glide from John G. so what do I know right?

cleaningservicepros

Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
The latches and switch are completely different now. I think they were switched over a year or two ago?

Thanks for showing my homemade hinge clip replacement. I'm flattered :)
I agree that the machines are built well with the exception of the clips and switches, but both are nothing that warrants not owning one.

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
i use my Orbot on all resi jobs, i am fortunate it runs great. but mine has it's flaws to...

the most bullet-proof machines i have owned are the Cimex & Challenger OP (which is now my designated backup to the Orbot should it break down.)

in my experience, the more moving parts you have, the more problems there tends to be for VLM...i reckon that is true with any type of machinery in the world.

when my Orbot dies i will look closely at the Trinty and decide which of the 2 to buy next for my resi CC'ing needs.

Reactions: cleaningservicepros

skooli

Oct 12, 2011
NV
Real Name
Jimmie
Business Location
United States
The one thing that worrys me about the Orbot is if the jiggler bearing starts to go bad. I wonder if its something that can be pressed out at home and replaced if their customer service is nill. I wonder if Windsor would be a good go to now since they have a branded version of the Orbot now.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

cleaningservicepros

Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
The counterweight will give you issues if you do not replace the Velcro drive plate pad from time to time. If the Velcro starts to wear out around the middle then it needs to be replaced. What happens is that the plate is not grabbing the pad and it causes stress on the counterweight, bearing, etc.

And if you call, they'll answer the phone. Well....unless you call on Friday. They work four 10 hour days.

I agree with Derek about the Challenger. Solid machine and will work for a long time, but lacks the head weight. Also its wheels up so its not nearly as easy to maneuver compared to a wheels down.

If I were considering a Challenger, which is to say a more stripped down OP, I would also look at the Lowboy. Still not a lot of head weight but you do have a wheels down option and now a sprayer system.

The one thing that worrys me about the Orbot is if the jiggler bearing starts to go bad. I wonder if its something that can be pressed out at home and replaced if their customer service is nill. I wonder if Windsor would be a good go to now since they have a branded version of the Orbot now.

andykramer20

Jul 7, 2009
fox cities
Real Name
Andy kramer
Business Location
United States
I had one sold it to Damon I always liked it and it seems as if he has had really good luck with it since then. I think that its not so much the machine but the customer service they build a great looking good machine it just any one can get a lemon it how you take care of them afterwards that matters. I have since gone to the mini max and would like to just say that my customer service from John at bonnet pro has been top notch! So when I am ready for another machine that is what I will get again.

Reactions: cleaningservicepros

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
[
quote="Robbdny, post: 639345, member: 15888"]So is anyone here selling one? Contact me prefer a Spray Borg not to use in stock condition. I am starting to design one on Solid Works and having a machine to reverse engineer would be great. Solid Works is an amazing program you can run stress test, simulations, you would be amazed. It wont be like the Orbot and it wont be like the Trinity it will be a one of a kind. I am a Composite Engineer by trade, and build military Drone, UAV Planes. There are so many concepts and part combination that people dont know about. My biggest project was Excalibur link not valid at Aurora Flight Science.
That was my baby.[/quote]

Wow that must have been neat to work on a project like that. I know that peoples lives change direction for many reasons but with engineering skills like that why are you cleaning carpet? I am always interested in leading edge technology and as far as reverse engineering the Spray Borg and to make improvements should pose no problems because as far as i know they have no patent protection on the head design which is the heart of an OP machine. If you want to make a better OP machine you will have to find a way to get around the Trinitys patented head design. It should be noted that the Spray Borg has a head speed of only 40mph where as the Trinity has a head speed of 120mph and a much larger orbital movement.

Last edited by a moderator:

skooli

Oct 12, 2011
NV
Real Name
Jimmie
Business Location
United States
So is anyone here selling one? Contact me prefer a Spray Borg not to use in stock condition. I am starting to design one on Solid Works and having a machine to reverse engineer would be great. Solid Works is an amazing program you can run stress test, simulations, you would be amazed. It wont be like the Orbot and it wont be like the Trinity it will be a one of a kind. I am a Composite Engineer by trade, and build military Drone, UAV Planes. There are so many concepts and part combination that people dont know about. My biggest project was Excalibur link not valid at Aurora Flight Science.
That was my baby.

Tell ya what. If you could make that drone with an OP assembly that could fly into a custys home and let me clean carpets remotely Id buy it.

Last edited by a moderator: