Horror Story

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
When I was first starting out, I had one doozy of a job. About 3000 square ft of cleaning, lots of furniture. Added protector.

The carpet cleaned up nicely and I got all furniture blocked and replaced. All that was left was protector and taking it in. I go to my truck and the hydro sprayer had come loose from my protector. I shrugged and replaced the lid.

I return to my job and start spraying. O get about half the house sprayed when I notice a putrid smell. I shut down the truck and take a whiff of the protector *gag*

So I dump 45 bucks of protector and a dead mouse pops out... I just sprayed black death and rotten mouse parts all over this customer's carpet.

I informed the customer of using a bad batch of protector. And recleaned, sanitized, deodorizer and protected once again.

Twas a miserable day folks.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Yikes, howd the mouse get in there? Was it in there from the factory?

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Yikes, howd the mouse get in there? Was it in there from the factory?
At the time I was working out of out garage... which is in the middle of the cornfield. The lid was off the product up on my shelf. My assumption is a field mouse fell in while exploring.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
does not sound that bad I'm sure many here have had or done worse

I was cleaning a large living room goodyear hose popped a nice leak sprayed black death all over a big white sectional and white carpet.

Customer never knew what happened I cleaned the sofa the room again.

Got a call latter they asked how much more do we owe you for the sofa cleaning?

I said I got some hand prints on it and cleaned it. They still wanted to pay for the cleaning.LOL

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Jeff Cross is looking for articles for the "Things I Hate About Cleaning" section in Cleanfax if anyone wants to turn their story into an article.
Cleanfax