Hooking up little giant heater

tim g.

Jan 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Real Name
Tim Going
Business Location
United States
So i just purchased my first truckmount. I've been in the cleaning business for a few years working for an employer and are familiar with truckmounts but i have never used a propane heater before. How do i hook my machine, which is a low hour Hydra cat, to my propane tank? And where does my wand connect to? Also any tips for using a propane heater would be appreciated.

Thanks

Priceless

User
Dec 9, 2009
California
Real Name
Kevin Price
Business Location
United States
The heater is seperate from the machine,so you need a regulator and hose to go from the tank to the heater,then on the heater there is usally a "cold" inlet near the top,this is where the line from your pump goes in,the other is your outlet after the water has been heated,your wand hooks up on the outlet line(not directly ofcourse)Do you have a disty near by?Someone who can give you a quick go over?there are maint. issues you will have to perform in the future as well.Propane is a great sorce of heat,and with a little common sense,it is pretty safe.

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
Be careful with propane heater. One day I thought the pilot was lit and turned it to on. Heard hissing and with out thinking hit the stricker again. Blew the top off the heater and I have no more hair on my arms. God was watching over me and a valuable lesson was learned. They are a great heater.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Tim'
Contact Jan Sullins at American Kleen Pro (Oklahoma City!) 405-821-8629 he has an kit w/regulator for the Little Giant which he sells also.Search thru this site for Cross-American and you will find pics of the Little Giant in action!!!! I have one with my Recoil XPS. (check my profile pic)Treat it with caution as you would any gas appliance, gas furnace,grill etc..
JIM MORROW

tim g.

Jan 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Real Name
Tim Going
Business Location
United States
Okay i have the regulator that runs from the pump to the heater. What connections do i need to run from hot outlet on the heater to the solution hose?

Fernando Navarro

Premium VIP
Oct 9, 2008
L.A
www.carpetcleaninginla.com
Real Name
Fernando Navarro
Business Location
United States
Tim'
Contact Jan Sullins at American Kleen Pro (Oklahoma City!) 405-821-8629 he has an kit w/regulator for the Little Giant which he sells also.Search thru this site for Cross-American and you will find pics of the Little Giant in action!!!! I have one with my Recoil XPS. (check my profile pic)Treat it with caution as you would any gas appliance, gas furnace,grill etc..
JIM MORROW
hey jim would you mind posting pic for your set up it looks really nice in the little pic
but would be cool to see more up close

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Proper Relief valve(hot end),check valve (cold-pump end),Proper regulator for propane tank. Think SAFE !! Don't buy cheap Chinese fittings. Call Jan or visit your local propane dealer of gas grills etc. You won't go wrong if you call Jan Sullins. Many others will vouch for him from this board.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Be careful with propane heater. One day I thought the pilot was lit and turned it to on. Heard hissing and with out thinking hit the stricker again. Blew the top off the heater and I have no more hair on my arms. God was watching over me and a valuable lesson was learned. They are a great heater.
Allan,

You have a shut off problem.

The gas should not turn on unless the pilot is lit.

Get it fixed and this should not happen again.

Propane is very safe when used properly.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Thanks,

Fitting on top of vent goes to Recoil .Fitting in rear of heater(w/pressure relief valve is your hot solution line. I have 12 ft of gas line so I can place tank outside. On a side note :(someone will ask) ,I have an Auto-pump out(Cross-American) for large jobs that goes to waste tank in my pickup or Sanitary sewer (toilet).I carry @ 30 gallons of fresh water along on the job (Or clients source).Also have generator(hardlly ever use it) in pickup.For agitation Koblenz twin crb and Grandi Groomer. $15 air movers. Drying times have not been a problem. Seem to have great suction and heat with Recoil/Little Giant.

Hope this pic helps.
Jim

Ready for prespray(solution in bucket)
!

RECOIL XPS MOUNT

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I have actually had the opportunity of seeing Jim's truck & trailer as one unit. What a GREAT looking system & sight to see rolling down the highway!

Actually his photos do not do it justice. He looks extremely professional and his presentation is just wonderful!

Side note: Yes, Jan Sullins is another Pro who would always be of help.

Ed Valentine

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Thank You Ed ,I have updated the pics on prior thread.
JIM MORROW

tim g.

Jan 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Real Name
Tim Going
Business Location
United States
one last question i think. Is there supposed to be a cover or vent of some sort that goes on top of the little giant? And if there is where might i find one at?

tim g.

Jan 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Real Name
Tim Going
Business Location
United States
thank you jim. that picture of your rig is exactly what i needed to see. much appreciated.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Bob'
Thanks for the "Kudos" ! Checked out your setup(website), was equally impressed. Electric Truck mount is the future!!! I feel it goes along along with "Green" cleaning.
Jim Morrow

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Jim, are you the one who use to tow the trailer with a Nissan Xterra? I remember seeing some pics around here that had a similar trailer.

Latest posts