Las Cruces Janitorial

Jun 10, 2014
Las cruces Janitorial
www.fivestar-clean.com
Real Name
Jason Armstrong
Business Location
United States
Randy, At the bottom of my signature you'll see this; "Home made water claw how to list with pics." Click on it and it'll take you to that thread.
This might be a stupid question but where do you find your signature so I can get the list for the water claw

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I heard about this from Johnny bravo also. But Homers didn't have some of the parts. But i found this rubber piece that fit storm drain perfectly. It's fernco 2" plastic socket to 2" pipe. It's a tight fit to the drain and under vacuum it only gets tighter. Hope this helps someone in their search.

Attachments

EJG

Aug 14, 2014
Real Name
Ed Gosch
Thanks for the homemade Water Claw posting. From a recent flash flood, I ended up with about an inch of water on my basement rug which due to a heavy free standing wood burning fireplace setting on one edge of it, I really couldn't remove the rug & foam pad for drying. After searching the internet for ideas I ran across your article. I couldn't find any of the parts at Home Depot, but I was able to find what I needed at Lowe's to make something similar. I didn't have any type of powerful vacuum source so I bought the highest horsepower wet-dry Shop Vac (6.5 hp peak) that I could find. I was amazed at how well this little device worked. It took awhile since the suction end is smaller than the one on yours, but I figured it would be ok since I was only using a shop vac with it anyways. Due to the lesser suction I also didn't drill a vacuum relief hole in the end cap. I went from standing water that just reached the top of the carpet and totally soggy foam pad to just a damp-to-the-touch foam pad that a few 2x4's slid between the carpet and pad and a 70 pint dehumidifier running for 2 days left both carpet and pad feeling bone dry. Your article was a life saver. Thanks' Johnny! I feel better just knowing that I now have this in case another flash flood should hit. Here are a few pictures of my adaptation of your Water Claw.

IMG_6181.JPG
IMG_6164.JPG