Homemade Waterclaw | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Homemade Waterclaw

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm trying to find the video @Johnny Bravo posted on how to build a homemade waterclaw. Anyone have the post or link handy? I'm gonna try to make me one.

Randy, At the bottom of my signature you'll see this; "Home made water claw how to list with pics." Click on it and it'll take you to that thread.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
By the way. It was a piece of cake to make. Took me more time finding the pieces then to put it together. That is why I made a list of the items needed. Should be a real breeze for anyone now with that list and and a Home Depot store.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Why did you drill a hole in the cap?

The hole at the top is a poor man's "Vacuum Relief" valve. If you are using the waterclaw and say you're flooding the carpet with water/chemicals, by taking your finger off the hole, you'll allow a rush of air to clear out the hose and give your machine a little break. Then cover it up and get back to work.

Reactions: Troyster

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I printed the list. Going to Home Depot in a little while.

Post some pictures and let us know how it went. If you have any questions feel free to call me.

Reactions: Randy Stoker

Randy Stoker

Premium VIP
Jun 16, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Randy Stoker
Business Location
United States
The hole at the top is a poor man's "Vacuum Relief" valve. If you are using the waterclaw and say you're flooding the carpet with water/chemicals, by taking your finger off the hole, you'll allow a rush of air to clear out the hose and give your machine a little break. Then cover it up and get back to work.
That's what I figured

Randy Stoker

Premium VIP
Jun 16, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Randy Stoker
Business Location
United States
No. I had to get two new tires for my trailer, $280.00 later!!!!!!!!!! I stopped by a small harware store and showed him the list. He had some of the parts but didn't know what a 2"x2" Long Turn Ty was. You think the white pvc will hold up longer?

Randy Stoker

Premium VIP
Jun 16, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Randy Stoker
Business Location
United States
It fits a little loose where the t-wye goes into the drain. I'm going to have to figure something out for this. Not a big problem. It's getting good suction. Now I can't wait to go suck up some piss. I ordered a 2" clear pvc pipe off of ebay for $9 bucks. Shipping cost more than the darn pipe.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo