Home Advisor

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Ron Reichert, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ron Reichert

Ron Reichert Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Illinois
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I know this doesn't fit perfectly into any of the categories, but does anyone use Home Advisor?

2. GRK STL

GRK STL Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +577 / 7 / -0
    It is that time of year for Home Advisor and the rest of them to make calls and get you to sign up.

They called me a few months ago and I turned them down. I had them remove me from their contact list.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

• Like Like x 3
  3. MRD Cleaning Solutions

MRD Cleaning Solutions Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I use them, though I've just started last July...did pretty well with them, on jobs I did an initial walk through...I'm going to try and do some pricing over the phone to save on gas. The only thing that I've noticed is majority of the people are price shopping and makes it hard to land leads from time to time. I would say that for the short term they work, but long run there's better options...like EDDM...but that's up in the air for me as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ron Reichert

Ron Reichert Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Illinois
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Have you used them in the past?

5. Ron Reichert

Ron Reichert Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Illinois
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    So far EDDM has been a bust for us. We sent out 3,000 cards with a holiday special in November. No calls. We have much better response with door hangers. We usually do 50 around for each job. I'm trying to vet some of the information I got from Home Advisor. They told me their referral fees range from $18 to $50, with the average being around $20. They told me they give out no more than 3 referrals per request. They quoted an annual fee of $288 for our listing if we accept referrals. Are these numbers pretty accurate?

6. MRD Cleaning Solutions

MRD Cleaning Solutions Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I have several services I use with them...but my highest was 40+ for a business lead and lowest has been about 15.00 for residential cleaning. The annual I'm not sure about, but when it's warmer out the leads seem to come through more often.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

7. bill

bill Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Cleaning & Restoration
    Southern California
    Ratings:
    +886 / 3 / -0
    Home advisor is or was service magic. In my opinion a waste of time as your bidding against others and they're mostly price shoppers.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mikkel99

mikkel99 Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Just sign up with them a month in no jobs yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TMF Forums mobile app

9. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 2 / -0
    Have used them for mold - response has been all over the place. Most leads suck but then you land a nice big job so we stay on.

• Like Like x 3
  10. suncarpet

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Jul 18, 2013
    Male
    Owner operator
    Bakersfield ca
    Ratings:
    +5,858 / 6 / -0
    I'm the top rated company in my area and only been a member for 9 months. I love home advisor ... My top roi every month ongoing. I usually pay anywhere from $150 to $200 a month for thousands in work. It's going to depend on where you live would be my guess it's very popular in my area and pushed amongst seniors and the wealthy. All senior communities are advised to use home advisor in their communities before hiring any type of professional to come into their home due to the fact and the high-volume of people being taking advantage of seniors in this area... The wealthy I'm also calling on and are now using the system. It's working absolutely great for me

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bob Gablein

Bob Gablein Active Member

Jan 3, 2011
    PA
    Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -0
    They have been call me every week,I think my know my SEO and adwords

12. suncarpet

Jul 18, 2013
    Male
    Owner operator
    Bakersfield ca
    Ratings:
    +5,858 / 6 / -0
    Most of you seen the job I posted the other day about cleaning all the properties for the disabled housing.( tile & grout) I was found on home advisor for that bid request. That $13 lead just made me thousands of dollars.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bob Gablein

Jan 3, 2011
    PA
    Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -0
    Whats is your best lead tile grout ,carpet etc,,,,, per cost of lead return on money

14. suncarpet

Jul 18, 2013
    Male
    Owner operator
    Bakersfield ca
    Ratings:
    +5,858 / 6 / -0
    I've got tons of jobs from home advisor but the to that stand out as GREAT are a 3000.00 water extraction, and my new contract for 36 properties of tile and grout quarterly cleanings. Can't even start to do the math on that... Priceless IMO.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

• Like Like x 4
  15. fusioncrs

fusioncrs Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Cleaning & Restoration Services
    Shalimar, Florida
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I got a call from them a few months back so I looked into possibly getting it for our business. You can pay to just be advertised amongst all the other carpet cleaning companies in the area or you can pay less for advertising and some for leads if you want to receive leads. Leads seemed like a good idea in general but when you think about it you have to be the first person to get to them. I went on their website to see how carpet cleaners in the area are found and how it would be displayed. I had to put in all my info and by the time I knew it I had 6 calls back to back, I didn't even have time to answer them. It wasn't just the calls, I also had emails for days. I would rather use social media, Angie's list, or EDDM any day!

16. Dedicated

Dedicated Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Male
    PA
    Ratings:
    +479 / 3 / -0

The cost per lead sounds about what I was told, but they couldnt tell me how many other companies would be able to bid. I have never used them, $20.00 for a price shopping lead doesnt sound good to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. groutguy

Premium VIP

Mar 9, 2008
    Male
    Fredericksburg Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,623 / 4 / -0
    But what if that $20 lead happened to be from a property manager who gave you $20,000+ worth of work in the next year. What if that $20 lead was a customer for life who won't ever use anyone else. Both of these scenarios happened to me on several occasions with home advisor leads. Did I have a lot of crap leads too? sure I did. It's just advertising dollars like any other form of advertising and it take a good year to make a ROI assessment on them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Dedicated

Dedicated Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Male
    PA
    Ratings:
    +479 / 3 / -0

That's great. Like I said I've never used them, the $20.00 a lead and no limit to how many companies can bid, as I was told by the sales that I dealt with said anyway, was a little high for me. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

19. Bob Gablein

Jan 3, 2011
    PA
    Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -0
    This service better than Google adwords???????

20. groutguy

Premium VIP

Mar 9, 2008
    Male
    Fredericksburg Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,623 / 4 / -0
    It's defiantly not for everyone, most hate it. It was my main source for new customers while starting out, but after learning and doing my own seo I felt I don't really need to pay for leads anymore. Home Advisor can actually hurt your own seo efforts. If adwords works for you I would stick with what works. I have used both with pretty good success. I still use home advisor for tile cleaning leads as there is really not much competition and there are not many leads for that anyway. The main reason I stay active with them is I have over 40 5 star ratings that google actually takes into consideration.

Anyone considering home advisor should first make sure that their company is already listed with as many online directories as possible (citations) or home advisor will create those listings on your behalf with their 800 number. Then you will have a difficult time trying to get them back at a later time for your own seo benefits.

• Like Like x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...