Home advisor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Home advisor

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I'm about ready to take the plunge and try home advisor anyone have a bad experience with this company?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I'm about ready to take the plunge and try home advisor anyone have a bad experience with this company?
Use the search feature here on TMF and read what others have said about them and don't be afraid to reach out to members that have posted about using them.

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
It's 287$ a year and 16$ for leads and they give them to 2 or 3 other cleaners.

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
Aka, total ripoff

Don't use them

That's basically $50/lead to the lead gen site and that's assuming that 1 of the 3 companies seals the deal

That's INSANE for carpet cleaning

Smittys6

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Steve Smith
Angie's List has been on a downhill slide the last 2+ years (at least for out area and me) so it will be interesting to see what happens to the pricing structure with Home Advisor buying them out because I an not a fan of Home Advisor. I was thinkin bout droppin AL this year anyways.

All of these web based companies for lead generation, home services for members, etc. change so fast and there are so many its gotten difficult to choose the correct one(s), providing a good ROI.

Reactions: 1031fraser

dirtysurface

Jun 27, 2014
Real Name
craig shelby jr
Depends on your market I was in the Indianapolis market but that is were AL was based out of. It Helped out a lot of business get business and grow for many years in my area. Things changed maybe 4-5 years ago when they started doing big deals which is like a Groupon price for services. Once that happen contractors starting loosing money and stopped using AL. Not sure how it will be with Home advisor as I had bad luck with home advisor.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
talked to them on the phone once and said No,, sounded like a rip off back then even.

Jan 27, 2015
Columbia, South Carolina
Real Name
Austin Royal
Business Location
United States
Listen to me on this. DO NOT USE HOME ADVISOR. Spent 8k and it was a joke. Horrible experience. Tons of leads, bottom of the barrel leads, fight for money back, bad business. Do not recommend for anyone to do it.

Jun 18, 2013
Michigan
www.mcdonoughservice.com
Real Name
Patrick McDonough
I used them and Had a bad experience. When i set up the account, i told the sales guy i was interested in providing air duct cleaning and would like to know what kond of leads volume HA can provide. He said, no problem i can set you up to see all these leads and as lpng as i dont respond, i wouldn't get charged. Total BS. cost me $600. Would not refund.

Many of the carpet leads were horrible. Negotiating down with your customers, dumbing down yourself and your brand.

HA does a very poor job of quailiflying there leads. Upholstery repair for cleaning. Tile repair for cleaning ect...

My 2cents

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
If home advisor has any connection to Angie's list I would steer clear of them. Angie's list did nothing but rob me blind and ignored every phone call I made to them. They are very quick to charge for more advertising which is their solution for everything. If you threaten to cancel your contract they automatically withdraw $1100 out of your account. I would look somewhere else for more effective advertising

Reactions: powerhouse_cc

powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
Real Name
Jeff farmer
How is offer up ?
OfferUp is cool I got some leads a customers from it just be careful not to spam since it's frowned upon by the company to offer services on it. I got flagged a few times by a fellow carpet cleaner that just got in the industry.