Direct Mail EDDM - Holiday Advertising | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Holiday Advertising

Debbie Penny

Sep 20, 2012
Murrieta, California
Real Name
Debbie Penny
Does anyone have any marketing specials and discount offers to share, that has worked well in the past already? I was thinking of offering our customers a special to get them to schedule their cleaning services before the holiday madness. What discounts and specials do you like to offer your customers? Do you ever combine services with a discount? Just curious, thanks in advance!

Reactions: Ray Thomas

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Schedule your Holiday Floor Cleaning in October or November, 2015, Because we have been cleaning carpets for (ooo) years in (your town) and are normally real busy in December. But give us a call any time: (business hours, Time). Thank You (Business name and Rep)

List your services and highlight or promote your specialty.

No discounts unless your a dis count marketing company.

Last edited:

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
How do you deliver this message? If your mailing flyers then prolly a good idea to offer something. But for us coming up high on google is usually good enough. There are plenty of people searching you just have to be up there to get the clicks. Usually change my pics on site and run holiday cheer on social media throughout the holidays. I'm not big on discounts and never had much luck doing act now type ads. Not limited to holidays but I run Half off protector or sealer , free protector on furniture. Maybe add a couch cleaning for $75 with carpet cleaning. Just basic stuff. We usually get real busy from middle of Nov to about the 21st of Dec. But its taken years to get our name out. How long have you been in business?

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Does anyone have any marketing specials and discount offers to share, that has worked well in the past already? I was thinking of offering our customers a special to get them to schedule their cleaning services before the holiday madness. What discounts and specials do you like to offer your customers? Do you ever combine services with a discount? Just curious, thanks in advance!
Are you sending this message to repeat clients or to new clients?

Noid68

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
Dion Hawes
I too am looking to find a good way to get some winter momentum going as this month is our 1st anniversary and still don't quite have the client base to get us through. I was thinking of offering a slight upgrade of a "Holiday spot guarantee". They pay a little extra now, and if you get a spot(s) before the xmas or NY's we'll come back and clean that/those spot for free?

That's my idea, but I'm open to any input.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Are you sending this message to repeat clients or to new clients?
You could send clients a card.
Send a mailer or flyer. Even if you get one call out of a 100 mailed, it is still is a decent honest message that if put together right (placement words and things) with good color(s), it makes one see your business name and message...
Post on web page.
Be a god service provider and things should work out good for you and business.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
what can you afford to give and to whom??
I not a real pusher of protectors but if you feel compelled to offer incentive, offer 100 or 200 square feet of protectors. Say it helps keep the carpet cleaner longer, even if a small accident happens on the floor

Reactions: Pinosan

chubby

Apr 26, 2013
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1443161756.504783.jpg
sorry to get off topic, but does anyone know how to download Ryan Ketterings EZ Marketing Blog Podcasts?

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I've hit the download symbol repeatedly and it does nothing.
Are you subscribed to it? If you are, the podcast downloads automatically. Just go to my podcasts and you'll have a list of the ones that you haven't listened to yet.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
How do you deliver this message? If your mailing flyers then prolly a good idea to offer something. But for us coming up high on google is usually good enough. There are plenty of people searching you just have to be up there to get the clicks. Usually change my pics on site and run holiday cheer on social media throughout the holidays. I'm not big on discounts and never had much luck doing act now type ads. Not limited to holidays but I run Half off protector or sealer , free protector on furniture. Maybe add a couch cleaning for $75 with carpet cleaning. Just basic stuff. We usually get real busy from middle of Nov to about the 21st of Dec. But its taken years to get our name out. How long have you been in business?
I use to be a owner / opp. carpet cleaner. Had way too many problems at start-up (started with a portable and car) and failed 2 / 3 years later. I be just a arm chair adviser.

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Hitman

Sep 14, 2008
Pensacola, FL
www.Hitmanadvertising.com
Real Name
John Braun
Business Location
United States
Debbie, the holidays are usually REALLY busy for us. All we need to do is mail a small offer to our current clients.

One offer we've done for years is "FREE cinnamon spice deodorizer with any cleaning." We'll use the solvent based cinnamon fabric protector from Hard Chemicals and spray only in the corners of the room. Or we have another solvent based deodorizer to spray in the corners and near a/c return.