wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I was wondering who on here uses a holed glide on a regular basis and your experience with it? I just put one on my Bentley and got to use it today for the first time on two radically different types of carpets. One was a fairly dense pile and the other a very short napped and pretty expensive carpet in the master bedroom. I was overall pleased with the results. I'm beta testing this glide so as far as I know it's not available for purchase from Greenglides at the moment. I was really concerned it might not perform well or that I might not get good water recovery. At least on this particular job it did very well and carpets were drying very fast when I left. I cleaned the master bedroom and the path in another bedroom. After talking with the customer a few minutes the carpet in the master was nearly dry to the touch in only about 1 hour total that I was there. These are before pics I didn't take any afters. I really wanted a slotted glide, but we'll give this glide a good try and see how it goes. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at least on this job.

Btw, I also liked the fact that I was able to put this glide on in a few minutes and no kind of sealing was needed or recommended. All I needed was a rubber mallet to install. I'll post pics of the installed glide later if anyone is interested.

20190125_131446.jpg
20190125_131500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I was wondering who on here uses a holed glide on a regular basis and your experience with it? I just put one on my Bentley and got to use it today for the first time on two radically different types of carpets. One was a fairly dense pile and the other a very short napped and pretty expensive carpet in the master bedroom. I was overall pleased with the results. I'm beta testing this glide so as far as I know it's not available for purchase from Greenglides at the moment. I was really concerned it might not perform well or that I might not get good water recovery. At least on this particular job it did very well and carpets were drying very fast when I left. I cleaned the master bedroom and the path in another bedroom. After talking with the customer a few minutes the carpet in the master was nearly dry to the touch in only about 1 hour total that I was there. These are before pics I didn't take any afters. I really wanted a slotted glide, but we'll give this glide a good try and see how it goes. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at least on this job.

Btw, I also liked the fact that I was able to put this glide on in a few minutes and no kind of sealing was needed or recommended. All I needed was a rubber mallet to install. I'll post pics of the installed glide later if anyone is interested.

View attachment 82535View attachment 82536
I vote for hybrid glides. I was going crazy using holed ones. I found only one advantage and that was smooth and easy gliding...

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I vote for hybrid glides. I was going crazy using holed ones. I found only one advantage and that was smooth and easy gliding...

My first Bentley came with those yellow banana glides which are hybrid. For some reason, I got such poor recovery with it that it actually rendered the wand unusable. It left the carpets sopping wet even after multiple passes. I later figured out that I could cut the holes out and make it slotted as well as enlarge the slots a bit. That worked very well and I used it like that for several years. I did the same with my carbon fiber Bentley for several years.

I was skeptical the holes would give good recovery, but at least today they worked fine and seems to have given me better drying time than I would normally get either with the regular Bentley glide or even an unglided wand. I haven't used it enough to give it a solid thumbs up, but I liked what I saw today. It's my understanding that faster dry times is really what the hole glides are all about. If I'm wrong somebody please straighten me out.

Last edited:

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I believe a glided wand dont lock down and won't pull as much dirt as a non glided wand .
I had a 11 incher 3 jet non gilded for over 24 years got a glide on it and ripped it off after 4 jobs .
I now use a Ti wand and it could not be moved with no glide .
Bought robs TMF lip glide and just love it .

Reactions: wandwizard

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I believe a glided wand dont lock down and won't pull as much dirt as a non glided wand .
I had a 11 incher 3 jet non gilded for over 24 years got a glide on it and ripped it off after 4 jobs .
Just want to make sure that you're talking about 2" tube, 13.5". I agree, it's hard to move around especially under 150'.
Can you get more than year out of lip glide?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
My first Bentley came with those yellow banana glides which are hybrid. For some reason, I got such poor recovery with it that it actually rendered the wand unusable. It left the carpets sopping wet even after multiple passes. I later figured out that I could cut the holes out and make it slotted as well as enlarge the slots a bit. That worked very well and I used it like that for several years. I did the same with my carbon fiber Bentley for several years.

I was skeptical the holes would give good recovery, but at least today they worked fine and seems to have given me better drying time than I would normally get either with the regular Bentley glide or even an unglided wand. I haven't used it enough to give it a solid thumbs up, but I liked what I saw today. It's my understanding that faster dry times is really what the hole glides are all about. If I'm wrong somebody please straighten me out.
There was a heated debate about different types of glides. Some say that slotted glides are the best, some liked hybrid and so on. I found out that with any type of glides , too much attention is wasted focusing on optimal angle, under which glide will perform. Every time you lift or lower the wand, you'll loose ideal contact with a surface, not to mention you would really struggle on certain types of frieze carpeting. I would imagine that lip glide should help, just like @ Joe cool said. You wouldn't have to watch the exact angle, while savoring so needed strength.
I hope that you'll get more responses on that matter. I guess everyone is " too busy" right now...

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

Do you have that lip glide on just the front of the vacuum slot? I'm not sure that will work on the Bentley although I've thought about trying it.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
It's on the rear lip
You tilt back on the glide and push forward its smooth, you pull back level it pulls dirt well locked down up front .
Its about a yr old and showing its age semi flattened out .
Ready for a new one soon .