Hobbies Outside Of Our Businesses | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hobbies Outside Of Our Businesses

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Lifting, dogs, guns, my daughter. Mostly my daughter these days, pretty much anytime I'm not working I am hanging out with her

I get a chance to lift at night when she goes to bed but had to get rubber weights cause the gym is right under her room lol

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
I like to raise meat chickens and also enjoy doing the processing of them. Average weight of 8 pounds. Mmmmmmmmmm!

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I like to raise meat chickens and also enjoy doing the processing of them. Average weight of 8 pounds. Mmmmmmmmmm!
Ive got 42 acres my wife has decided to have a "farm" ive got miniature pigs, goats, donkeys, horse, turkeys, chickens, about 5 different species of ducks, peacocks, oh and lets not forget the two asshole alpacas lol. She says its cheaper than zanex but i dont believe it is lol.....chickens due produce good eggs wich is cool but all the rest are just cute hay burners lol

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
knife throwing, shooting, reading, cs:go
First I was like Damn knife throwing and then I was like wtf is Cs:go this dudes eclectic...

So then I google it video games ha I can only ever play in very small amounts. Longest being a full game in nba2k but its been months.

We just way different dude! :)

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm a studying luthier, and do a lot of woodworking.
Wow, mind blown, second thing I've learned in my first 5 minutes on tonights TMF stop...

First cs:go and now luthier which is for those who don't know: a maker of stringed instruments such as violins or guitars.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Wow, mind blown, second thing I've learned in my first 5 minutes on tonights TMF stop...

First cs:go and now luthier which is for those who don't know: a maker of stringed instruments such as violins or guitars.
I actually started cleaning so I could spend more time on learning to make and repair instruments.

Today was a good day for both things, I had all kinds of people in and out of the house fixing a broken sewer line. Scheduled 2 carpet jobs, and got an order for a guitar.

Reactions: SRD

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Ive got 42 acres my wife has decided to have a "farm" ive got miniature pigs, goats, donkeys, horse, turkeys, chickens, about 5 different species of ducks, peacocks, oh and lets not forget the two asshole alpacas lol. She says its cheaper than zanex but i dont believe it is lol.....chickens due produce good eggs wich is cool but all the rest are just cute hay burners lol
Peacocks are great alarm clocks though. Used to sleep over at my college roommate's house during school break and Barney the peacock loooooved waking us up at dawn, right under her window. Sounded like a young woman getting murdered.

Reactions: Robert86

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Peacocks are great alarm clocks though. Used to sleep over at my college roommate's house during school break and Barney the peacock loooooved waking us up at dawn, right under her window. Sounded like a young woman getting murdered.
Yes mam it is a very distinctive sound they make woman being murdered is a good description of it lmao

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I guess my hobby for years was spending time with my son. In 2004 I took him to Yugioh The Movie at a theator. We each got a Movie Pack and that got us hooked. We learned the game together and went to our local game store every Saturday and stayed till they closed. Soon we started going to Regional Events, then Nationals. We traveled all over the US. We rented a Suburban and packed it with his friends for the weekend.

One year we went to an event in California which turned out to be the Guniess World Record for the largest attendance at an organized card game tournament.

Then a couple years ago he got his own car and started taking his friends on his own.

Over the years we bought collections and sold the cards individually and started making money. He got the hang of it and soon my ebay account was turned over to him. A couple years ago he got connected to a distributor (very difficult to do if you dont have a brick and mortor store). I have been able to use what business skills I have learned over the years (thank you Mack Clark) to coach him. Last year he did over $650,000 in sales and bought a house. Not bad for 24 years old.

He still has his office in our house so we still get to talk business every day. It was a great run but I have not been able to find something to replace it with yet.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
A neighbor had a few and one got out and started making noise outside our bedroom window one morning just as my wife and I were enjoying some intimate time... Talk about mood killer...

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe

Screenshot_20200919-182714_Chrome.jpg

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
Playing the drums for the past 60 yrs.All types of music R&R blues & jazz. Various groups from 2 - 30 people. 20 piece swing band 30 piece Real German band. Polka band in Cleve O. back in the 60 s to 80 s. Now in Cape Coral for 40 yrs with a mix of groups. Just parked my motor cycle 60 yrs on that. Not 1 accident . Time to sell. 07 Yamaha v star 1300 . But still love carpet cleaning the best. Dirty white carpets are my specialty. jz.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Playing the drums for the past 60 yrs.All types of music R&R blues & jazz. Various groups from 2 - 30 people. 20 piece swing band 30 piece Real German band. Polka band in Cleve O. back in the 60 s to 80 s. Now in Cape Coral for 40 yrs with a mix of groups. Just parked my motor cycle 60 yrs on that. Not 1 accident . Time to sell. 07 Yamaha v star 1300 . But still love carpet cleaning the best. Dirty white carpets are my specialty. jz.
Ive got a HD Ultraglide sitting in my shop i havent even sat on in 2 years...im so ashamed :cry:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Yes mam it is a very distinctive sound they make woman being murdered is a good description of it lmao
Scary thing is, I heard Barney so many darn times that I can emulate it near perfectly. Have scared a few folks doing it, too. Did it once at the zoo and the whole flock went nuts and started calling back.

• Haha