Hiring Service? Good experiences, bad experiences?

wonderboy

Nov 20, 2018
Real Name
Tyler Smiley
I have just started working with hiring service. They want $22/hr for an employee being paid $13/hr. That does cover all taxes. They have a 4 hour minimum. For a long term hire they want 480 hrs paid and then they turn them over to you. If an employee doesn't work out they will replace them for up to 1 year. $5 x480 = $1920. Thats not cheap but this is the most difficult part about this business, so i dont know.

Thoughts?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’d never pay $22 for untrained workers that have no real tie to my company.

wonderboy

Nov 20, 2018
Real Name
Tyler Smiley
Funnily enough the company is a cleaning company as well, and they train there staff with cleaning. They also guarantee same day replacement if somebody quits or doesn't show up.

Still a lot of money but if you can charge $40+ hr there's still money to be paid and it takes some stress away. Hiring has been the hardest part of this business for me so I'm looking around.

United Custodians LLC

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I use temp services some times they charge me 16.09 a hour they pay them 10.00 a hour they will send me someone new if it does not work out with a minimum of 4 hours

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I have used a temp agency for Janitorial cleaning. They paid the employee around $8-8.25 and they charged me like $11.6-$12 with everything included.

Genesisjanitorial

Feb 15, 2019
Real Name
Nicole
It’s hard doing your own hiring but it is also the most important process in the service industry. I think I’d rather spend a lot of time looking for an HR person if you want to keep growing your business. Then have a solid set of critria and standards in all new hires and set an evaluation time period. To find good and lasting employees takes a lot of time and I’d suggest over hiring for a bit. It’s a pain but if you have a few extra you are not in a big bind if something comes up for one or two people in one night. This has been our biggest problem lately and when you are in great need it is hard to be picky but honestly not being picky causes more headaches and problems than taking a bit longer to find the better workers.