Highest Quality Portable Extractor: Mytee Lite 8070 vs Jon-Don EZ Spot vs Sandia Indy 3 gal vs Durrmaid 1700 vs Powr-Flite Spotter

sockswithsandals

Jul 15, 2018
Real Name
John Smith
I'm looking for a high quality, durable, portable carpet extractor. The extractors I know about that seem to fit this criteria are listed in the title and below but I'm open to other brands and models.

Mytee Lite 8070
Jon-Don EZ Spot
Sandia Indy 3 gal
Durrmaid 1700
Powr-Flite Spotter

Is there a Toyota among this group?

The Mytee looks good on paper. The Jon-Don EZ Spot and Sandia Indy 3 gallon appear to be made by the same company. Durrmaid is popular on car detailing sites. Have read good things about Powr-Flite but the Spotter does not have a heater. Thanks in advance.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I'm looking for a high quality, durable, portable carpet extractor. The extractors I know about that seem to fit this criteria are listed in the title and below but I'm open to other brands and models.

Mytee Lite 8070
Jon-Don EZ Spot
Sandia Indy 3 gal
Durrmaid 1700
Powr-Flite Spotter

The Mytee looks good on paper. The Jon-Don EZ Spot and Sandia Indy 3 gallon appear to be made by the same company. Durrmaid is popular on car detailing sites. Have read good things about Powr-Flite but the Spotter does not have a heater. Thanks in advance.
I don't consider any of these machines to be high quality machines,,, a Nautilus, a Jaguar something along those lines are the best machines on the market...
I have a buddy with a mytee, that thinks mytee is pushing the 6.6 motors because they have so many shells to sell so they have to get rid of those shells before they can make bigger shells to incorporate the 8.4s... Makes some sense, they are stuck with a smaller machine that wont fit the big pumps or big vac motors...

Last edited:

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
JRH sorry that offended you, I just think if you are going to use a porty you need to get a big nice looking loud one that gets the custys attention so they can trust what you are doing to their carpets.... I think the machine you use gives you the advantage to increase sales on the job site...Keep it clean and shiny and you need to communicate well... Its all about the money

sockswithsandals

Jul 15, 2018
Real Name
John Smith
The Eclipse looks nice but is around 2.5 times the price of any in my list. The Nautilus and Jaguar are somewhere around 3.5 times the price of any in my list and probably 3 times the size.

Is that to say a smaller sized (similar to those in the list), high quality extractor for around $1,000 does not exist? Is the entry point really $2,000 plus? Not really the answer I'm hoping for but if that's reality, that's reality.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Thats the suprised emoji , u def didnt offend me . I was just suprised how u think mytee would use the 8.4 ...if it could ? when nothings being proved performance comparison wise ....
in fact someone ... jim ? showed the ametek spec sheet for a highly similar single stage ...could even be the same and that was about 710airwatts if i remember correct ... the 8.4 is what 685?
add em up ...
And i agree with you ... the portable you use should communicate your business well , i do use a big shiny loud one ... ashbys enforcer ... most of the time quad boosted . Actually if mytee or some of the americans would just import an enforcer and try to clone it , they would instantly have the best portable in your market . You guys dont have a great choice , the mytee body is just ok ... the nautilius ... looks a bit better design wise in some ways ... as for the other one u mentioned ... god you have to be conned or deluded to part with money for it

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I never liked any of those mini extractors. The pump is small the vac is a 2 stage. The inner stack and hoses are 1 1/4". Honestly a good shop vac is stronger then those. And lol its what i use. If i were to pick up an extractor for spotting. It be a small dual vac machine. Sandia i believe has a 6 gal dual 3 stage. At least it will have the power to extract padding from the face. Which is what you need in a spotter. 6 gal size is a bit large. But will serve better as it can handle say a flight of stairs or a traffic lane.

Reactions: Fedri

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’ve had nothing but 5 Star reviews with a slightly upgraded Powr-flite. It’s not pretty, actually has fallen out of my truck so many times it’s scratched. I honestly do think appearance is important so I’m not advocating ugly at all. But a ugly slow machine operator with a genuine caring attitude, slow careful cleaning, good products has landed me all 5 star ratings. Gotta make sure your not “All Show No Go” I do care about the end result as most all do, and this forum has allowed me to really improve my knowledge a lot. I’m far from some of the experts on here.
I can say the more I listen to reasonable forum members and advise from ones who are willing to share experience I regret how I once proceeded without them. And would be futher along if I was more humble early on and asked more questions. I’d listen to the advise

Reactions: Fedri

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
[/QUOTE] Is that to say a smaller sized (similar to those in the list), high quality extractor for around $1,000 does not exist? Is the entry point really $2,000 plus? Not really the answer I'm hoping for but if that's reality, that's reality.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on what you're going to use the extractor to do. The extractors you're listing are really what I'd call light duty or spotting extractors. For what they are they're fine. They can do such things as light duty upholstery work, spot cleaning of messes on carpets, and auto detailing, etc. They're really not useful for much else. I use mine strictly for spotting calls. If you're planning on doing such things as cleaning carpets, rugs, and larger amounts of upholstery you need to go bigger and better or look for a good used one that's in your price range. The lower priced extractors will generally have lower psi pumps, maybe one 3 stage motor or something along those lines.

Just be clear what you are going to do with them and their limitations. Those extractors also have very low capacity of between like 2 to 4 gallons at a time. If you're not planning on using it especially for a lot of carpet cleaning work a smaller extractor with a lighter price tag might be all you need. An extractor with a better pump can increase the price significantly. I'd prefer one with at least 500 psi for carpet, but 300 will work. The extractor I currently own, but only occasionally use is only capable of about 350 or 400 psi with an adjustable psi and I find it pretty adequate for carpet cleaning, but I've mainly only used it with a 2 jet wand on cgd carpets. Works just fine for that. If I needed on all the time I'd definitely buy another extractor, but this one suits my occasional needs. I bought it used, but in new condition off E-bay for 500 bucks. It's about a 1500.00 extractor. When I say like new I mean like new.

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I went with Mytee's 7303LX Air Hog Booster, and Mytee's 7304 Water Hog Pressure Sprayer for my portable set up.

The Air Hog Booster Has more suction then the previous Mytee LTD5, can be used as a stand alone extractor as well as a booster to my Truck Mount. Here's a link to it if you're interested. https://www.mytee.com/products/7303lx-vacuum-booster/

The 7304 Water Hog Pressure Sprayer https://www.mytee.com/products/7304-water-hog/, goes up to 1,200 psi for not only carpet cleaning but tile and grout as well.

Neither one of these weighs more then 50 pounds either so it's a very portable portable.

Someone here said that this new Mytee combo is close to what my HydraMasterCDS is performance wise. I'm going to find out.

Shits about to get real :)

IMG_3243.JPG

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
For cleaning carpet you want at least 10 gallon capacity both clean and waste tank.---That way you can put two 5 gallon buckets of water into it (what you will be using to fill and empty your machine)---that is enough water for one small to medium room usually---depending on how dirty and your cleaning process.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The Air Hog has something like 7 gallons on board but it also has auto fill so not worried about running out of water. The dump tank has also got a pump out in it.

Reactions: Common janitor

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
JRH sorry that offended you, I just think if you are going to use a porty you need to get a big nice looking loud one that gets the custys attention so they can trust what you are doing to their carpets.... I think the machine you use gives you the advantage to increase sales on the job site...Keep it clean and shiny and you need to communicate well... Its all about the money
You're absolutely right
We can't afford to come to customer's with a unit spitting water at 45-60 psi and pretend that we're pros..

Reactions: jtsunbrite

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The Eclipse looks nice but is around 2.5 times the price of any in my list. The Nautilus and Jaguar are somewhere around 3.5 times the price of any in my list and probably 3 times the size.

Is that to say a smaller sized (similar to those in the list), high quality extractor for around $1,000 does not exist? Is the entry point really $2,000 plus? Not really the answer I'm hoping for but if that's reality, that's reality.
Hmm i thought by your 1st post you were after a spot cleaning machine. Sounds more like you want an extractor. Then yes expect to pay 3 k or more. And skip the electric heater. Waste of space, power, weight and money. Add on an external one if you really want it. You want to focus first on vacs and at least a 500 psi pump.

sockswithsandals

Jul 15, 2018
Real Name
John Smith
Use is personal only a few times each year; primarily auto upholstery with some light household carpet, rug, or furniture upholstery mixed in. Up to around 6 gallons is fine for my use case but it seems like the physical size of extractors increases substantially after that point and storing and moving something larger isn't ideal. But, I'm flexible so if a 10 gallon model stands out from the rest I'll take a look.

I worked with a commercial extractor at a car wash many years ago. Extractors similar to those from Bissell and Rug Doctor do not compare. Thanks for the respones.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

Mytee Lite 8070
Jon-Don EZ Spot
Sandia Indy 3 gal
Durrmaid 1700
Powr-Flite Spotter

Not among those I buy a cross American corporation Jaguar cub it's capable 300 PSI 130 in of water left has an 8 gallon capacity and weighs only 50 lb we bought one for our quick spot jobs and we use it all the time in fact a lot of times I will use it in the basement of a house instead of dragging out the hoses from the truck. I have one of the John Don extractor send it's a piece of junk I have used one of the power flights and it is also a piece of junk the mighty is okay but not great I can't speak of the others

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I went with Mytee's 7303LX Air Hog Booster, and Mytee's 7304 Water Hog Pressure Sprayer for my portable set up.

The Air Hog Booster Has more suction then the previous Mytee LTD5, can be used as a stand alone extractor as well as a booster to my Truck Mount. Here's a link to it if you're interested. https://www.mytee.com/products/7303lx-vacuum-booster/

The 7304 Water Hog Pressure Sprayer https://www.mytee.com/products/7304-water-hog/, goes up to 1,200 psi for not only carpet cleaning but tile and grout as well.

Neither one of these weighs more then 50 pounds either so it's a very portable portable.

Someone here said that this new Mytee combo is close to what my HydraMasterCDS is performance wise. I'm going to find out.

Shits about to get real :)

View attachment 78827
You have room for 2 extractors in that van or will you mount them on the front bumper ?

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
You have room for 2 extractors in that van or will you mount them on the front bumper ?

Only one of them is an extractor. The other is the Water Hog.

Reactions: Jimsteam