Highest building with truckmount?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I have a customer in a luxury condo. Fortunately they live on the 2nd level but the buildings are 7 stories high.
Anyway, I'm running the hoses over the back balcony.
I'm bound to get referrals, so how high can I go?
I've done jobs with 250 foot runs, I have a 47 blower, any input guys?
BTW this is for hard surface, not carpet so vacuum is less of a concern.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I've done work as high as the 9th floor using a truckmount. Here's a video where I did a 6 story hotel using 300 feet of hose with a 33 blower.

Carlo Pro

Nov 10, 2013
Colorado
www.oxigreencolorado.com
Real Name
Carlo B.
Business Location
United States
As @Todd the Cleaner said and showed to us, you can do it.
Personally, when I am going to clean at 3rd floor or higher I just use my portable and charge extra for upload/download my equipment.

Reactions: Dafloorman

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
I've done 6th floor a few times - worked great. As stated above the water is going down so if anything it's better. Be very careful if you're dropping the hose over a balcony. You don't want your cuffs to come apart and have a hose come crashing down and damage cars, the building or people below. If possible, I try to run the hose through an indoor stairwell and tie it off every few floors if it's above a 4th floor or so. Just use common sense really.

As far as hose pressure in theory you do lose some psi for every x feet you go up but in practice it's not really enough to notice. But you could run the pump 50-100 psi higher than normal if you're worried about that.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Not me...huge liability...3 floors or higher I refer out to portable folks (which ain't me) lol
I'll take em. I have a good portable too. Highrise portable price is $250 for the first room and $65 a room after that. Needless to say I don't do many portable jobs.

Sleepybear

May 15, 2016
Real Name
Joe Whitta
I did a 32 story apartment building one time with three truckmounts. We ran hoses straight up a stairwell. As was mentioned, water runs downhill, so vacuum wasn't an issue. Horizontal we were only going about 200' - 250'. We spent a few hours running and securing hoses to the railing, but once that was set it was easy-peasy. Took us about 5 days to do the whole think. It was a fun job.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I did a 32 story apartment building one time with three truckmounts. We ran hoses straight up a stairwell. As was mentioned, water runs downhill, so vacuum wasn't an issue. Horizontal we were only going about 200' - 250'. We spent a few hours running and securing hoses to the railing, but once that was set it was easy-peasy. Took us about 5 days to do the whole think. It was a fun job.

Don't think anyone can top that. Love to see pics or video. Cool stuff

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I don't like going past the 3rd floor with the TM, portables are always in the mix for carpets, if it's tiles a 175 and a wet vac works great. Also MANY buildings (office, administration, and even nosy customers) do NOT like us running hoses over the railings. That has been my experience.

Reactions: Carlo Pro

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
You cant clean a 32 story apartment buld. With a truckmount at least not with 250'....
i have cleaned 3-4 story hotels and it takes 50' section for every 2 floors unless you have an open stiarway.....
Thats 50' x 16 links= 800' of hose just to get to the top...
Please clarify

Sleepybear

May 15, 2016
Real Name
Joe Whitta
You cant clean a 32 story apartment buld. With a truckmount at least not with 250'....
i have cleaned 3-4 story hotels and it takes 50' section for every 2 floors unless you have an open stiarway.....
Thats 50' x 16 links= 800' of hose just to get to the top...
Please clarify
You are correct. The 200' - 250' was the HORIZONTAL run. The vertical was a much more than that (it was less then 800' - I don't remember exactly how much, but we were about to drop it straight down the middle of the stairwell). But that does nothing to your vacuum. Once the water went over the edge, it's staight down, arise the lobby, and to the truck! I was skeptical, but once we started up, I honestly couldn't tell a difference between that and doing a regular run. I don't even remember having to bump the the pressure on the pump that much. We each took a section of floors and worked our way down. We ran the hoses through what I guess was a maintenance stairwell? We had it tied off every couple of landings. So even if a section slipped, it was only going to to fall one floor.

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
Every year we clean a six story student housing building. We use a porty for the apartments because we have to move from floor to floor fast but the truckmount for the huge hallways. My old chemtex with 14 horse motor and #3 blower works great on a 350 foot run up six floors.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: mikevee

Latest posts