Here's the part number for C.D.S clutch from Napa. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Here's the part number for C.D.S clutch from Napa.

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
If you want to save a few bucks here is the part number for a Hydramaster C.D.S clutch you can at Napa. It's about 140.00 . Called my Hydramaster dealer and sell them for around 360.00 . It's the exact same part . In fact you can see where they tried to take the sticker off on the old one. This went into a 2000 Chevy van. Not sure if it would be different on other brands.

Attachments

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
I'll add that I have a Hydramaster C.D.S 4.8 and is very easy to replace takes around 1/2 hr or a few beers. You will need to have a puller for the pully.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
That's awsome man thanks!!

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
If you want to save a few bucks here is the part number for a Hydramaster C.D.S clutch you can at Napa. It's about 140.00 . Called my Hydramaster dealer and sell them for around 360.00 . It's the exact same part . In fact you can see where they tried to take the sticker off on the old one. This went into a 2000 Chevy van. Not sure if it would be different on other brands.
What is the hydramaster part number

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
Don't know. From what I'm told Hydramaster don't give you the part number.

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
Says out of stock but was able to order it at my Napa and was here the next morning by 7:00am

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
The one I got is the same as the one that was on there. Looked it over to make sure the they were the same before I put it in.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Here's another clutch with p/n that goes on a CDS (mine is a 4.7). It is the exact clutch mentioned above, Napa wants 154.00 for it (couldn't get it until Tuesday morning), O'Reilly had it for 134.00 before tax. No puller needed, just thread a ⅝" bolt into the clutch after removing the center bolt (a pipe wrench on the drive shaft makes it super easy to pull the center bolt). It's a ½ hour off and back on, I spent more time shagging the part out of the O'Reilly distribution center in Greensboro than wrenching. Just figured I'd post another part number for anyone else who might be looking for a new clutch, might save you some time.
20171230_162901.jpg

Russmiester

Jul 22, 2018
Real Name
Russell Anderson
Thanks for the info! I'm putting a machine together now. I've got several clutch housings and no clutch.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Thanks for posting this guys. This is good stuff. Do guys think if I took mine off my 2006 CDS 4.8 that the parts guys at Napa could find me a match for my CDS when the time comes?

jmeyers

Aug 23, 2018
Real Name
Jon Meyers
Thanks for posting this guys. This is good stuff. Do guys think if I took mine off my 2006 CDS 4.8 that the parts guys at Napa could find me a match for my CDS when the time comes?
Did you have any luck finding one for the CDS 4.8?

Last edited:

Choneque

Nov 18, 2012
Real Name
Sean Page
I’m in need of this clutch. I’m about to purchase one. For those of you that have already bought one, how did it turn out? Does it work as normal? I just want to make sure I purchase the correct part. Thanks

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Same goes for a IS0 68 non deterrent oil used for cat pumps. Instead of paying $16-18 in your supply store, get it from HD for $7.99, respectively $8.99.
What a difference, right?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I’m in need of this clutch. I’m about to purchase one. For those of you that have already bought one, how did it turn out? Does it work as normal? I just want to make sure I purchase the correct part. Thanks

It sounds like it works just fine. Myself I've not done it yet, but plan on doing it in the future when needed.
If I were you, I'd just take the clutch off, then bring to your local Napa dealer and let them match one up for you.