Here's one I never heard before... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Here's one I never heard before...

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Here's a thought, I've been thinking about opening a barber shop in town. Completely new business structure though:

- The entire business will run on square.

- Barbers will make their own schedule by allowing customers to book an appointment with their favorite barber at any time.

- Barbers can come and go as they please as long as they meet their obligations.

- We'll have a barber on site to take care of walk ins also, barbers can figure out the schedule amongst themselves.

- As a business owner, we'll just take a percentage of every service.

- We'll have long operating hours.

- Strategic marketing plans and the best barbers/stylists in town.

- Barbers/stylist will dictate their own pricing on appointments(TBD)

This is the future of business structures...

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Lol I can certainly talk about the future, that's where we'll spend most of our time anyways.

Most billionaires have one thing in common, they figure out the future a couple of years before the rest of us and execute on it.

I would like to figure out how to make 24 hour days into 48 hour days right now, think I would make a killing...
This future stuff sounds really tricky. If you do figure it out I think you'll want to make that a trade secret :)

The other thing those dudes have going for them is they just do it and can also afford to.

Oh I have the answer to your quest. You hire 6 part timers that can work in 6 overlapping shifts thus condensing 48 hours into 24.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I think once Obamacare gets fixed and the full-time worker mandate goes away the full-time jobs will return. You cannot overcome basic economics. No-one can work 25 hours a week and pay their bills.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Look around you, all the people you interact with and tell me how Obamacare has affected their employment?

And you can very much work 25 hours a week and pay your bills if you're a freelancer who dictates his own rates based on his own capabilities.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Here's a thought, I've been thinking about opening a barber shop in town. Completely new business structure though:

- The entire business will run on square.

- Barbers will make their own schedule by allowing customers to book an appointment with their favorite barber at any time.

- Barbers can come and go as they please as long as they meet their obligations.

- We'll have a barber on site to take care of walk ins also, barbers can figure out the schedule amongst themselves.

- As a business owner, we'll just take a percentage of every service.

- We'll have long operating hours.

- Strategic marketing plans and the best barbers/stylists in town.

- Barbers/stylist will dictate their own pricing on appointments(TBD)

This is the future of business structures...
Want a partner? Haha

I like the idea. This is kind of how many salons operate, but I don't know that barber shops do it like this.