Here's a New Way To Get Jobs...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 25, 2010
Tennessee
www.extremecleantn.com
Real Name
Dale Compton
Business Location
United States
I was going to type out a big long story on what all happened to me today, but let me condense it...

I got a call to go bid carpet cleaning for First Nazarene Church. I went to First Nazarene Church in Shelbyville, and it was actually First Nazarene Church of Decherd. While I was inside measuring the wrong church, I left my quote and card (even though by the time I was done I knew I was at the wrong place). Went to the right church and measured it up and by the time I was done got a call from the wrong church to clean their carpet too. Got both jobs over $2k worth of work. Score.

Probably going to start doing this on a weekly basis. No more advertising for me.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I was going to type out a big long story on what all happened to me today, but let me condense it...

I got a call to go bid carpet cleaning for First Nazarene Church. I went to First Nazarene Church in Shelbyville, and it was actually First Nazarene Church of Decherd. While I was inside measuring the wrong church, I left my quote and card (even though by the time I was done I knew I was at the wrong place). Went to the right church and measured it up and by the time I was done got a call from the wrong church to clean their carpet too. Got both jobs over $2k worth of work. Score.

Probably going to start doing this on a weekly basis. No more advertising for me.
You can be on to something. Just nonchalantly walk into a business and start measuring. Get the managers attention. Close the deal.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You can be on to something. Just nonchalantly walk into a business and start measuring. Get the managers attention. Close the deal.
I might steal this idea :D

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
You will be amazed of how many marketing techniques you can come up every day in this business, I believe if you do that again you will get another account.

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
Lets try that on residential.. let yourself in with a measuring tape and see how it goes ;)

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
Lets try that on residential.. let yourself in with a measuring tape and see how it goes ;)
In the serious way, if you knock in a door pretending you are in the wrong place, they open the door and see you in your uniform and the van with a wrap than you apologize for nocking in the wrong door but, than you give them a business card and it happens that they have tile, carpet, upholstery etc. You will have a verry good chance of getting that account.

I have done that on the past :)
This is call smart soliciting.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
It can and will get jobs. It may also show that you (as an operation) are disorganized which is something I don't want a reputation for.

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
Wow. Glad it worked out for you. I have gone to the wrong house before and ended up selling them in a service

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Wow. Glad it worked out for you. I have gone to the wrong house before and ended up selling them in a service
Not sure if your post was replying to mine. All I was saying is don't make a habit out of it.

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
It can and will get jobs. It may also show that you (as an operation) are disorganized which is something I don't want a reputation for.
There is nothing wrong to do that, how are they going to know if you do that often, unless you do it in the same street block.
Trust me I worked as a solicitor for Sparkletts water delivery and I use to do it all the time with great results.