Help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Approved Carpet Care

Nov 2, 2012
Thousand Oaks, California
www.approvedcarpetcare.com
Real Name
David Glaze
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1431479842.861115.jpg

Cleaned this. Had a lot of yellow spots/spills. Lady wasn't sure if it was coffee it urine don't smell like urine but the placement seemed like urine. I pre sprayed with Hattian cotton shampoo and acid extracted. Sum dry. Still yellow. Hit with USR. Still yellow. Do I go stain magic or go strong reducer?

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
View attachment 48522

Cleaned this. Had a lot of yellow spots/spills. Lady wasn't sure if it was coffee it urine don't smell like urine but the placement seemed like urine. I pre sprayed with Hattian cotton shampoo and acid extracted. Sum dry. Still yellow. Hit with USR. Still yellow. Do I go stain magic or go strong reducer?
What you should have done was apply a brown out and let the chemical do its work. (apply to not just the spot, but the entire piece so it dries uniform. Sort of like aspirin. You have a headache...you take two aspirin. Is the headache instantly gone? No. It takes time to work. Same thing.
And I suggest you do just that. If it still doesn't come out, it's probably permanent.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Ok. Since I missed with USR before I left, do I need to rinse USR before hitting it with a reducer? Even tho it's been 24 hrs?
No you don't. The USR has done it's thing. I think what I might try is mix some of that Haitian cotton shampoo up in some hot water and go over the whole thing by hand. Do not extract it out. At most, dry extract the excess. Leave it in there. It contains a reducer already. Same reducer used in some anti-browning and coffee stain removers. If you have a browning or csr remover that is sodium metabisulfite you could treat the stains a little heavier with that. Giving it as much time to work will produce the best possible result. Rinsing it out and it's stopped pretty much right then and there. I doubt if putting more peroxide or Stain Magic is going to work. Stains could be permanent. You shouldn't hardly have to spend any extra time cleaning the thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenB.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Haitian cotton cleaners are mild or even strong reducers. They must be rinsed well before you can apply an oxidizer like USR. Otherwise they tend to neutralize each other and you won't get any result from the peroxide in the USR.

Remember than true linen tends to be darker even brown, when damp. It gets lighter when dry.

Consider what may be under the fabric. There could be cellulosic fibers present in the cushions and framing material.

The most likely reason for browning is over-wetting and slow drying. This is a real issue with linen. If you are sure it is linen, I hope you cleaned with a low moisture upholstery tool. Then use air movement across the fabric to speed drying.

I agree with Pat that a mist of a peroxide formulation would help as the final step.