Help

Shockmin

Premium VIP
Mar 23, 2013
Real Name
Jeff
I just got a job to clean up a sick mans BM (bowel movement - about 3 feet soiled area). I quoted $99 for minimum to do one room and they want to move forward in a hour. After thinking about it I I don't want to soil my machine with somebody else's s**t. I realize we clean a little unseen cat and dog crap all the time but I don't know what to do... What would you do?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Did you know what you was cleaning when you gave the price? If you did then I would suggest you do the right thing and honor the price, just clean your equipment well when your done. If you gave a price before you knew what you was cleaning then you have the right to adjust the pricing.

Shockmin

Premium VIP
Mar 23, 2013
Real Name
Jeff
Did you know what you was cleaning when you gave the price? If you did then I would suggest you do the right thing and honor the price, just clean your equipment well when your done. If you gave a price before you knew what you was cleaning then you have the right to adjust the pricing.

Thanks... No I gave price before I knew what type of soiling it was. I just called the lady and said the portable I use isn't available for this type of soiling and therefore I'll have to rent a machine to do the job and she can pay the rental price. Unfortunately she declined nicely but I have a feeling she'll be calling back. Now I know for next time to ask and I'll just up the price to cover the rental and than some... Cleaning my machine is an option but the thought of it being in my hoses and what not doesn't sit well...

Shockmin

Premium VIP
Mar 23, 2013
Real Name
Jeff
Thanks... No I gave price before I knew what type of soiling it was. I just called the lady and said the portable I use isn't available for this type of soiling and therefore I'll have to rent a machine to do the job and she can pay the rental price. Unfortunately she declined nicely but I have a feeling she'll be calling back. Now I know for next time to ask and I'll just up the price to cover the rental and than some... Cleaning my machine is an option but the thought of it being in my hoses and what not doesn't sit well...

As I expected... She couldn't find anybody and just called back... On my way to home depot... Hopefully this won't be such a shitty day after all...

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
As I expected... She couldn't find anybody and just called back... On my way to home depot... Hopefully this won't be such a shitty day after all...
Just use your equipment and double the rate, use gloves and clean your equipment with bleach at the end of the job.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Oh, man....if you are going to survive in this business you need to get used to situations like this. I have sucked a lot of $h!t through my hoses over the years.

If you are using a portable just suck a 5 gallon bucket of bleach water through your hose to flush everything out.

Shockmin

Premium VIP
Mar 23, 2013
Real Name
Jeff
I rented the new rug dr at Home Depot for $20. Problem solved. Client paid for rental, tipped me and hired me for t&g.

For $99 I'm not going to soil my whole machine and hoses.

By the way was completely unimpressed with new rug dr model. I didn't realize how many areas that machine can't get to versus wand. Every edge / border was not accessible with rug dr. Plus small areas between furniture.

I think the above makes a great argument of why not to use rug dr. The usual argument of how the dr doesn't perform well is old...

www.zencarpetcleaningandflooring.com

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I can't imagine any professional carpet cleaner admitting to being impressed with a rug dr.

Im extremely impressed with the rug doctor! Impressed how after people use it they call us out to really clean their carpets! Like free advertising in a way! I met with the tool rental cashier at home depot and gave him business cards as im in there almost daily, for every referral I give him ten bucks cash. needless to say he made 100 bucks last week :)

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I rented the new rug dr at Home Depot for $20. Problem solved. Client paid for rental, tipped me and hired me for t&g.

For $99 I'm not going to soil my whole machine and hoses.

By the way was completely unimpressed with new rug dr model. I didn't realize how many areas that machine can't get to versus wand. Every edge / border was not accessible with rug dr. Plus small areas between furniture.

I think the above makes a great argument of why not to use rug dr. The usual argument of how the dr doesn't perform well is old...

www.zencarpetcleaningandflooring.com
=gay..;)

Reactions: steamsters