Help with wool rug

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
Kid peed on rug. She tried to spot with water and nothing happened. I came and tried encap first. Nothing lightened. Flushed with acid rinse and used water claw. Fans and left. This is what it looked like after drying.

Customer says it is almost 100% wool. Waiting on full specs with backing material.

Any ideas in meantime?
556753336.jpg
556753345.jpg

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'd suggest not touching a job like that w/o a signed waiver. It appears the problem is either a difficult urine stain or damage to the color of the rug. Either way, don't make their problem your problem. You never know when doing a job like that how much that rug costs. Write up a waiver and insist your customer place a dollar amount on the rug and sign it. Keep it on file.

I would like to use a 1/2 and 1/2 diluted mix of Matrix ASR with some distilled water or you might use Stain Magic for wool. Don't underestimate the power of these products. Color damage to that rug is most definitely a possible outcome, hence the waiver. Never, and I mean EVER, promise removal of such a stain. It may be permanent. I have on several occasions seen severe color damage on wool rugs just from the urine alone. No cleaners were used on it.

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
Probably just took to long to dry and browned out. Treat it with a tanner or brown out product should look better after. Blame it on the urine if nothing happens
Thank you! Any preferred brand? Ok to spray and leave? I do not want to introduce water again by having to rinse.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Thank you! Any preferred brand? Ok to spray and leave? I do not want to introduce water again by having to rinse.
I always had very good luck with Matrix Tannin stain remover. Spray it on a little more than a light mist. Then blot it up. Spray it on again lightly and simply walk away let the chemical do the work. Think of it as having a headache. You swallow two aspirins and your headache is still there right? They take time to work. Same with tannin stain removers.