Help with VCT and client not wanting to maintain it. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help with VCT and client not wanting to maintain it.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
My friend owns a Gym.
It has VCT in the entrance, reception, child care and the spin class room. Totals about 2k sqft.
Only gets it scrubbed and waxed once a year in December or January so its pretty much toast because of the salt and grit walked in from sanding the car park for snow and ice, within a month, in and around the reception area. Not so bad in child care and the spin class room.
Could there be something more resilient than wax for this floor? What about laying down an epoxy? Is that even an option?
He absolutely will not get into a maintenance plan.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
My friend owns a Gym.
It has VCT in the entrance, reception, child care and the spin class room. Totals about 2k sqft.
Only gets it scrubbed and waxed once a year in December or January so its pretty much toast because of the salt and grit walked in from sanding the car park for snow and ice, within a month, in and around the reception area. Not so bad in child care and the spin class room.
Could there be something more resilient than wax for this floor? What about laying down an epoxy? Is that even an option?
He absolutely will not get into a maintenance plan.
If he doesn't care about the appearance then he'll never come around...

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Yes but thats going to cost $5 sqr ft!!!!
Might as well put ceramic in or concrete
I know VCT is cheap and keeps us in business, but I never understood why owners opt for it in high traffic areas when ceramic is really the answer.

OP, matting is his friend. Does he have any? You need about 15' of it of various types (scraper to low pile) to clean the shit off of peoples feet so it doesn't track in.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I know VCT is cheap and keeps us in business, but I never understood why owners opt for it in high traffic areas when ceramic is really the answer.

OP, matting is his friend. Does he have any? You need about 15' of it of various types (scraper to low pile) to clean the shit off of peoples feet so it doesn't track in.
He has mats, but its his staff and their maintenance procedures (or lack of) that are at fault. I think I have him convinced to at least consider a maintenance plan. I told him I would not get involved unless he did.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Same reason carpet cleaners dont all have aerotechs!