Help with Prochem truck mount | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help with Prochem truck mount

Andrew1986

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
Andrew Tetyuk
Hi! I am new to Carpet Cleaning business. I am looking to buy truck mount for my Nissan NV 1500. Local shop has given me a choice between these three: 2018 Legend GT, Everest 408 and Everest 650. At my old place of work, it was big company, they used Prochem Legend. Sales person is recommending Everest 650 or Everest 408, says that they will do better cleaning and also two people can work at the same time, helps when doing commercial large spaces. But the price difference between Legend GT and Everest 650 is $18,000, which is almost another truck mount. I am trying to start my cleaning efficiently and that is why I am looking for advise from you who have more experience than I do. I do not want to buy used, because having only one van I can't risk loosing my appointments if it does break down too much. Thanks

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
It all depends on what your budget is, taking all aspects of your start up into consideration...insurance, tools, fuel, advertising, advertising, advertising...etc.

Reactions: Andrew1986

Andrew1986

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
Andrew Tetyuk
My budget does allow me to get either one, but I am thinking do I really need $30,000 machine? Or I can have close to same results with $20,000 machine?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
My budget does allow me to get either one, but I am thinking do I really need $30,000 machine? Or I can have close to same results with $20,000 machine?
What is your business plan?
Are you going to be solo or looking to scale up to employees?
Commercial or residential?
Personally I would buy the least you need and keep the cash on hand.
If your business grows, add another van.
When you start up, cash on hand is king.

Andrew1986

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
Andrew Tetyuk
I will have one truck operation to start. Planning to be doing commercial and residential to get more work. Later I will be deciding residential, commercial or keep doing both. I am financing all equipment, because I am running a corporation and need to keep my finances and business separate for accounting purposes. Because I do not have a lot of fixed monthly expenses right now, I can finance my equipment. What do you think?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I have been in business for over 30 years and always owned Prochem. I do mostly residential but do some large commercial. I CAN tell you that my next machine will be a Hydramaster Titan 575. Great mid size machine that's been around forever (watch out for new models as they use us cleaners as the ones that test them) You cant go wrong with an Everest though but it is a bit more money.

DO NOT fudge on the Truckmount. Buying the cheaper one will cost you more in TIME. Lower temps and suction means you will have to work harder. You WILL regret it.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
No you don't, so long as the $20000 machine is reliable. Yes you can if you run the right tools and chems, correctly...I run a 20/36 with propane heat...along with a 15" CRB, Original DevPro wand, T-Rex Jr, 175 with brush and pad driver, bonnets and pads, TH-40, SS Upholstery tool, Rotovac Upholstery tool, gekko wand with 14" & 4" head, Mytee hand tool for detailing stairs, grout brushes, rakes and other misc hand tools.

Main cheams are:
RSF SPIKED
BIO-PRO10K
GROUT MASTER
BIOBREAK W/CS
TMF ALKALINE RINSE
COBB ACID RINSE
OSR
CISTRUS SOLV
O2
LIQUID ALIVE
HAITIAN COTTON SHAMPOO
ENCAP JIUCE
BLEACH...Lol

Facebook and EDDM are my friends.

HCP & QB for management.

All I am saying is, don't just focus on the machine...get a reliable affordable one and get properly equipped, get your name out and get going, do good work. The market will decide if you are worth keeping.

akgolfpro

Sep 9, 2010
Real Name
Adam King
Business Location
United States
A lot of love for the Titan 575. Picked one up a little while ago for cheap with 800 hours. It’s been sitting, better get it out and try it out!