Help with Prochem Titanium Wand

Jun 29, 2011
Real Name
Patrick Benedetto
Business Location
United States
Just purchased a very slightly used Prochem Titanium Wand for 600.00. With a stainless soft touch valve and 6 #8001 jets.What are the latest mods for this wand? Lip glide or full glide. {I have Robs full glide on my 12" Westpak and love it.} And what about jets?, size sheer kit 6 or 4 jets ? 1/2 " extenders ect... I am runing a Butler cds. Thank for the help.

Art Kelley

Feb 9, 2009
Clawson,MI
Real Name
Art Kelley
I put a holed glide from Green Glides on mine, a buddy of mine notched it so the glide slides on and off. I got long extenders from ***** (they stop the dripping) and put on 03 jets so I run 18 flow on my White Magic PTO. I have since taken off the extenders because I sometimes hook it to the customers water (when I run it with my porty) which is only 100 psi and the check valves impede the flow. I run 110 03s all the way across. In any event, you need a glide and 02 or 03 jets to max out your wand for your Butler.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I have two such wands. You don't have to put extenders on it, unless you just want to. In-jet check valves will stop the drips. I recommend a Greenglide. Personally, I like the hole glide. There is no freaking way I would ever cut up my titanium wand just so I could slide on my glide! That is one of the best wands in the industry and there is no way I'm going to cut a hole in the side of it. Heating up the glide with warm water and slipping it on is just not that hard to necessitate that drastic action. If you are a premium cleaner and vacuum prior to every job, you won't need to take your glide off but about once a month anyway. If you don't vacuum, then you might as well run glide-less. (Even a slot glide won't pick up hair and fuzz very well.) I run my jet configuration this way: 8002, 11002,11002,11002,8002

I run 80 degree jets on the two outside positions because putting a glide on the wand will cause slight overspray running 95 degree jets at those two positions. The 80 degree cuts down on it.

Soft touch valves are good.

Get yourself a dental pick on-line to clean out the hair and junk that will slowly build up over time on the center lip support support bar.

T

TheEyeball

I have two such wands. You don't have to put extenders on it, unless you just want to. In-jet check valves will stop the drips. I recommend a Greenglide. Personally, I like the hole glide. There is no freaking way I would ever cut up my titanium wand just so I could slide on my glide! That is one of the best wands in the industry and there is no way I'm going to cut a hole in the side of it. Heating up the glide with warm water and slipping it on is just not that hard to necessitate that drastic action. If you are a premium cleaner and vacuum prior to every job, you won't need to take your glide off but about once a month anyway. If you don't vacuum, then you might as well run glide-less. (Even a slot glide won't pick up hair and fuzz very well.) I run my jet configuration this way: 8002, 11002,11002,11002,8002

I run 80 degree jets on the two outside positions because putting a glide on the wand will cause slight overspray running 95 degree jets at those two positions. The 80 degree cuts down on it.

Soft touch valves are good.

Get yourself a dental pick on-line to clean out the hair and junk that will slowly build up over time on the center lip support support bar.

You are too dumb to figure out anything worthwhile, so I'm not surprised you can't do some minor adjustments that will make your life easier. I cut the stupid pins out of both my Prochem titanium wands because a good glide will lend more than enough support. I notched both of them too, because only newbs prevac. I don't waste precious time on needless steps like prevac, which means I have to clean my wands out once in a while. The notch makes it easy. Stop porking pigs and learn something.

Support

Staff member
Administrator
May 13, 2012
Real Name
Robert Allen III
Just purchased a very slightly used Prochem Titanium Wand for 600.00. With a stainless soft touch valve and 6 #8001 jets.What are the latest mods for this wand? Lip glide or full glide. {I have Robs full glide on my 12" Westpak and love it.} And what about jets?, size sheer kit 6 or 4 jets ? 1/2 " extenders ect... I am runing a Butler cds. Thank for the help.
You can buy glides from us here:
http://shop.truckmountforums.com/collections/glides-slides-lips

Last edited by a moderator:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
who likes the lip glide vs the full glide? I read 1 post where Rob was switching all his PC Titanium wands to lip glides!

•A lip glide is a happy medium for lift,velocity and ease of use. Inexpensive too.
•A full size glide is best if it is a hybrid or slotted.
•Holed makes the carpet dry faster due to velocity but lacks lift on heavily soiled carpets. Good for old farts and those who prevacuum and pre-agitate with a machine.
•Slotted glide cleans great but drys a bit slower.

So in my honest opinion I would probably go hybrid full size if I still cleaned. And yes all my wands are fitted with the back lip because for techs that is the best all around and most inexpensive way to go. So consider your budget too. We feel our glides are the best out there and have the only 100% satisfaction record to date. Just avoid the Chinese glides and you will be fine whoever you chose.

Have a nice day Patrick,

Rob