Help with onyx??

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TylerH

Jan 27, 2018
Real Name
tyler horn
I have a client that has onyx in his house and hard water in his shower, and we all know what happens there, the lower portions of the shower and the bench especially are way duller than the rest of the floor and shower what’s the best way to clean this up, honing or do you guys have something better he’s not looking for perfection but improvement.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Not an easy project to learn on. Depending upon where you are located and if you are an Interlink Supply customer, I may be able to put you in touch with someone who can guide you through the steps.

TylerH

Jan 27, 2018
Real Name
tyler horn
Not an easy project to learn on. Depending upon where you are located and if you are an Interlink Supply customer, I may be able to put you in touch with someone who can guide you through the steps.
I am a interlink customer, I have a fair amount of general cleaning experience with stone but nothing too crazy who would I talk to at interlink?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I am a interlink customer, I have a fair amount of general cleaning experience with stone but nothing too crazy who would I talk to at interlink?
We have some stone experts at branches in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Cleveland, Miami and Pompano Beach FL. We also have a stone consultant who does not work for Interlink Supply, but does assist our customers in California.

Where are you located?

TylerH

Jan 27, 2018
Real Name
tyler horn
We have some stone experts at branches in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Cleveland, Miami and Pompano Beach FL. We also have a stone consultant who does not work for Interlink Supply, but does assist our customers in California.

Where are you located?
Durango Colorado

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Curious as to how this all ended? I haven’t came across a Onyx Shower yet. However daily we deal with a lot of stone.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Following. My kitchen, kitchenette, bathroom and laundry room is heated onyx floors.

IMG_2379.JPG

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Unheated Onyx would be a sin!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It's a little softer stone and should be treated accordingly. Putting it in a shower is a sin. I'd clean it with light alkaline like diluted GM. Then follow up with stone soap.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Im never a fan of stone showers.. they always look too "busy" plus putting stone in a soapy wet environment is just causing problems down the road.

I like clean looking white tiles with swimming pool grade underwater grout and seamless glass shower doors. Install it once and never look back.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
It's a little softer stone and should be treated accordingly. Putting it in a shower is a sin. I'd clean it with light alkaline like diluted GM. Then follow up with stone soap.
I was kidding.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I struggle with stone sometimes. We have crazy hard water and many stone showers. I’ve yet to master this topic.