Help with filter float balls | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help with filter float balls

Cleantech66

Feb 26, 2015
Real Name
Ralph rivera
The suction of my 2 mytee lx vac motors running in parallel, is sucking the filter basket float ball shut. As if the tank was full of water. Any ideas how to stop this? I was thinking of making the balls heavier?20200119_120156.jpg20200119_115637.jpg20200119_115632.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Problem i had was sloshing water got the screen wet enough it kept lifting the ball. So i took the ball out. And redirected the incoming water to not splash around.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I have a wire screen ball float, kind of like yours. Lint collects on the out side most times, depending on the carpet and soil, when enough lint collect on the out side of the screen, it sucks the ball up and stops the air flow. I clean it off and it works with no problems, until more lint builds up.

Reactions: Dream Clean

Cleantech66

Feb 26, 2015
Real Name
Ralph rivera
No it doesn't do it with the screen. But the baskets came with mesh filters made of cloth over them so I figured they needed something. I put the screen on the filters because when I replaced the 1st 3 stage with the mytee, it was doing the same thing. When I replaced the mesh with screen it stopped. But now, that I replaced the second motor with the mytee, it's sucking the ball up even with the screen.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
No it doesn't do it with the screen. But the baskets came with mesh filters made of cloth over them so I figured they needed something. I put the screen on the filters because when I replaced the 1st 3 stage with the mytee, it was doing the same thing. When I replaced the mesh with screen it stopped. But now, that I replaced the second motor with the mytee, it's sucking the ball up even with the screen.
I have a tech document on that. Pm me and I’ll get it to you.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
your machine was not designed for those motors and there might not be enough separation in the tank. Ditch the balls run an inline filter and use a high cut off switch connected to the water pump, when too high it turns the pump off and not the vacuums. pretty simple fix.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
your machine was not designed for those motors and there might not be enough separation in the tank. Ditch the balls run an inline filter and use a high cut off switch connected to the water pump, when too high it turns the pump off and not the vacuums. pretty simple fix.
What if you’re just doing water extraction and not using the solution pump at all?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
What if you’re just doing water extraction and not using the solution pump at all?
You are looking at $68 per high level float switch for each vac motor to do it mechanically, less for floats to relays.... but let's not open that door. This thread will be as fücked up as a can of fish hooks.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
You are looking at $68 per high level float switch for each vac motor to do it mechanically, less for floats to relays.... but let's not open that door. This thread will be as fücked up as a can of fish hooks.
Jim I’m refering to Terje’s comment about putting the switch on the pump to control the vacuum levels.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Jim I’m refering to Terje’s comment about putting the switch on the pump to control the vacuum levels.

when the tank gets close to full it turns off the WATER PUMP pump, hey look no more water going into the machine, tells you to go and dump with ONLY ONE SWITCH

I have done this with gas truck mounts with a mounted upside down blige switch that turns off the clutch of the pump, but that is only for 12V

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
only one switch for the water pump, it shuts off no more water going into the tank and go empty it.