Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
17 per lf. Most sectionals are between 17 and 21 linear feet. So 289-357 is a good estimate for what we charge.

No good deed goes unpunished. Usually it is customer like this that will complain about every single little thing I would walk away and feel good about myself rather than slave on someone's stuff for very little or no pay.
A full size sectional...3 seats + 2 seats + wedge starts at $250 for me...i will charge more if its hammered.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I charge $150 for sofa and love seat or small sectional. Ottoman $20-45 or free depending on several things. It usually cost more for Haitian Cotton, feather down or “S” fiber.
In my area (yes GA)...customers with cotton furniture yawn and book when i quote $250 for a cotton sofa.

Reactions: powerhouse_cc

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Usually I tell the customer that I am very good at cleaning furniture BUT I am very high priced on cleaning furniture because I use the good chems, and because it takes so much time to do it correctly.. If they push it, I say 500 or six hundred.... lol Ive actually had people take me up on it..

Reactions: powerhouse_cc

Irish potato

Nov 10, 2017
Real Name
Sean Willis
What would you all charge to clean this sectional??
I quoted the guy $200 Who happens to be a mutual friend I thought the price was fair but I heard from another friend that this person thought I was screwing them I thought I would help him out a little bit on the Price guess I wasn’t nice enough
I would have charged that 30 years ago so don't feel bad... that's allot of work cleaning that correctly

ron Tabb

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Ron Tabb
So I am so disappointed
On how little some value our services. Sometimes I would like to ask the person.Before I give you a price If you were me
And had to drive here.Using your gas and had to invest 30k to come her not to mention the supplies and insurance for liability or work and comp. What would you charge?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
So I am so disappointed
On how little some value our services. Sometimes I would like to ask the person.Before I give you a price If you were me
And had to drive here.Using your gas and had to invest 30k to come her not to mention the supplies and insurance for liability or work and comp. What would you charge?

If you want customers to value what you provide, you must value yourself first and foremost. Like any other relationship, the professional relationship relies on self-respect.

DEMAND the respect of your customers by thinking highly of yourself and your work, and they will accord you that respect. And if you've got a customer pool that doesn't grok that concept, you're fishing a very empty pond indeed and must switch fishin' holes.

puffinnuggins

Sep 10, 2016
Real Name
Jeff Keeven
I quoted the guy $200 Who happens to be a mutual friend I thought the price was fair but I heard from another friend that this person thought I was screwing them I thought I would help him out a little bit on the Price guess I wasn’t nice enough
We charge $19.50 per linear ft. Oh or $27.50 if it's water sensitive

puffinnuggins

Sep 10, 2016
Real Name
Jeff Keeven
Here's what people don't realize, just because they received a good deal on buying a couch it doesn't mean cleaners are going to charge them less. The msrp is probably closer to $2500 but they probably got it on special for under $1000. I've had people tell me I only paid $500 for this couch why are u charging me $249 that's insane. Uh because it's a water sensitive couch and just because you paid $500 for it doesn't mean a damn thing

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Sorry, but this is a forum full of carpet cleaners. I don't think this is a good place to advertise your services, as everyone here has equipment (and customers) of their own.

And your prices are very low - I'd hesitate to hire someone in your pricing bracket, because I associate cheap with poorly done and I'd want a quality job.
Thank you Mamma !!!!!!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
bro remember you charge by the hour......try 100$ an hour??????....customer doesnt pay for drive....

You could clean that couch in 1 1/2 hour MAX....... set up tear down talking to the customer slowly cleaning the couch......

also put yourself in the place of the custy...if that is a 1000$ couch new it is only worth half now?????
250$ to clean a 500$ couch is hardly worth it......

If I am out on a job .....and I am ready to clean I work with the customer on the price....
Maam I will knock off 50-100$ if you dont want back and sides.....

I just cleaned a theater dropped my price 350$ to mach competiter...started the job the same night
finished it in 17 hours....almost 100$ an hour.....Ill do it in 15 next time.........

orhterwise you just wasted a trip driving out to the job????? IMO
Couch worth 1000 new
Now worth 500 depreciated.
Still same price to clean. Hell should be more. Worn old time spots harder to work with then on a new sofa right? Fresh new fabric. Fresh factory applied protectant. Why knock price down on the old.
Think more this way. What would it cost customer today for same sofa that cost 1000 then. Be almost double right? Depending on how many years its been. Go by replacement cost. Let them decide if they want to squeeze another year out of it and have it cleaned one more time.