Help with cleaning quote | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help with cleaning quote

WWW.FiveStar-Clean.Com

Sep 12, 2013
Real Name
Michael Olson
What would you all charge to clean this sectional??
I quoted the guy $200 Who happens to be a mutual friend I thought the price was fair but I heard from another friend that this person thought I was screwing them I thought I would help him out a little bit on the Price guess I wasn’t nice enough

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I am at $100. For a sectional. I don't do leather or high end fabrics . I did clean this antique fainting sofa a few days ago only because she said she would not hold me responsible if it I ruined it as she was thinking of re- upholstering it. She cleaned it herself before I got there and had yellowing. I used encapsulation and a small brush. Used flex ice on a white towel to fix yellow.
It did not come out perfectly. I'm still learning

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I am at $100. For a sectional. I don't do leather or high end fabrics . I did clean this antique fainting sofa a few days ago only because she said she would not hold me responsible if it I ruined it as she was thinking of re- upholstering it. She cleaned it herself before I got there and had yellowing. I used encapsulation and a small brush. Used flex ice on a white towel to fix yellow.

WWW.FiveStar-Clean.Com

Sep 12, 2013
Real Name
Michael Olson
I’m still learning too but I know what my labor cost are. Also a lot of my customers are in rural areas and when it takes you 20 to 30 minutes to drive to a customers home you also need to take that into consideration when you’re bidding work why would I want to go to a customers home in breakeven or lose money.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I’m asking about pricing for cleaning a sectional not cleaning carpets even your prices are a little bit on the low side compared to what I’m charging
From what I am seeing on this fourm I might be too low. I try to shoot for $100./ hour for cleaning not drive time. But I also have to judge the value of the item I am cleaning. I have told people $50 for an area rug and they told me they only paid $39. For it on sale at Lowe's. Cheaper to trash it and buy a new one. I cleaned a viscose rug last week, pain in my butt, and she said it cost her $129. Took me an hour to clean.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
17 per lf. Most sectionals are between 17 and 21 linear feet. So 289-357 is a good estimate for what we charge.

No good deed goes unpunished. Usually it is customer like this that will complain about every single little thing I would walk away and feel good about myself rather than slave on someone's stuff for very little or no pay.

Reactions: Allied

WWW.FiveStar-Clean.Com

Sep 12, 2013
Real Name
Michael Olson
17 per lf. Most sectionals are between 17 and 21 linear feet. So 289-357 is a good estimate for what we charge.

No good deed goes unpunished. Usually it is customer like this that will complain about every single little thing I would walk away and feel good about myself rather than slave on someone's stuff for very little or no pay.
Finally someone that gets it....
That’s some great rates.
Thanks for the info know I have a better idea what to charge

powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
Real Name
Jeff farmer
I charge $150 for sofa and love seat or small sectional. Ottoman $20-45 or free depending on several things. It usually cost more for Haitian Cotton, feather down or “S” fiber.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If you want to know more about charges of cleaning then Call at (917) 831-4478 (y)(y)
Sorry, but this is a forum full of carpet cleaners. I don't think this is a good place to advertise your services, as everyone here has equipment (and customers) of their own.

And your prices are very low - I'd hesitate to hire someone in your pricing bracket, because I associate cheap with poorly done and I'd want a quality job.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
What would you all charge to clean this sectional??
I quoted the guy $200 Who happens to be a mutual friend I thought the price was fair but I heard from another friend that this person thought I was screwing them I thought I would help him out a little bit on the Price guess I wasn’t nice enough
Unless your friend dressed houses for sale for a living, I'm guessing that's a stock photo.

For microfiber sectionals, you're normally looking at synthetics, which means you can usually (check fiber content!) get fairly aggressive with your chemistry as long as you're working fast and as dry as possible with a good tool. If the sofa is in clean, good condition like the one shown above, $185 might be good. If it's covered with body oil slicks, dog hair, spilled coffee, kids' markers, etc, the price goes up as the work increases. I've seen sofas command as much as $400 to $500 for a thorough restoration.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
bro remember you charge by the hour......try 100$ an hour??????....customer doesnt pay for drive....

You could clean that couch in 1 1/2 hour MAX....... set up tear down talking to the customer slowly cleaning the couch......

also put yourself in the place of the custy...if that is a 1000$ couch new it is only worth half now?????
250$ to clean a 500$ couch is hardly worth it......

If I am out on a job .....and I am ready to clean I work with the customer on the price....
Maam I will knock off 50-100$ if you dont want back and sides.....

I just cleaned a theater dropped my price 350$ to mach competiter...started the job the same night
finished it in 17 hours....almost 100$ an hour.....Ill do it in 15 next time.........

orhterwise you just wasted a trip driving out to the job????? IMO

Latest posts