Help with a pay plan | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help with a pay plan

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
How are you or your techs paid. I'm trying to come up with something that shows appreciation (especially for the ones that have been here a while) but also makes sense. Right now it's 20% of the job, additional 10% for add-ons and commission cap at $35 per hr. Any advise or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
How does your commission cap work out? So if a guy earns 350 in commission during an 8 hour period he loses out on anything over $280?

I’ve set up my techs on hourly pay and then bonus commission on any add-ons. By having them work hourly the temptation to rush through a job is eliminated and with the bonus commission it gives them incentive to sell. I also offer a bonus commission if they find a new customer and book the job.

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
How does your commission cap work out? So if a guy earns 350 in commission during an 8 hour period he loses out on anything over $280?

I’ve set up my techs on hourly pay and then bonus commission on any add-ons. By having them work hourly the temptation to rush through a job is eliminated and with the bonus commission it gives them incentive to sell. I also offer a bonus commission if they find a new customer and book the job.
Yes thats how it works. My goal is to show the guys that have been with me 5+years appreciation. I ve been thinking of going hourly ive just never done it before so im getting ideas and hope to come up with a good deal for all. Thx for the response todd the cleaner.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I only have one carpet tech and myself doing carpets, the rest are dedicated Housekeepers. But my carpet tech gets hourly pay well above the norm for my area. That gives him dignity and respect. I give surprise bonuses however that are always unexpected.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
You're shooting yourself in the a$$ a "cap" is bulsit! If they earn it pay them.

Reactions: MikeGaure