Help Wanted! Central Ohio $40-60,000 first year | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help Wanted! Central Ohio $40-60,000 first year

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Air Duct/Dryer Vent/Carpet Cleaning Lead tech.

We are a rapidly growing company looking to add 2 lead techs to our team now and an additional 2 this summer. Experience is NOT required and all new employees go through a minimum of 12 week apprenticeship/training. We are focused on the customer experience and delivering on a cleaning that we are known for. We have very high standards of delivery. Our customers know how much their service is going to cost before we arrive due to the nature of our all inclusive pricing structure. Because of this we do not have to do high pressure sales while in the home. Instead we focus on Cleaning and Delivering a unique customer experience for our customers.

based on experience, minimum 12 weeks paid apprenticeship/training $13hr+tips with $1 raise after 30 day introductory period
$40-60,000+tips first year after promotion to lead tech.
Company with a reputation in the community you can be proud of.
We promote from within before we hire from the outside
Growth opportunity unlike available at any other Carpet or Duct cleaning companies for those that are Entrepreneurial minded, demonstrate leadership and deliver on our companies vision and are willing to relocate in the next 1-3 years.
Once a lead tech option to operate as subcontractor or employee
5 day work week
only minor slow down in Feb. no layoffs
4 paid holidays annually
1 week paid vacation after 9 months
health insurance assistance after 1 year
company uniforms
assigned branded wrapped van

Respond here or private message me if interested or for more info

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
$100,000 a year and I'm hired !

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
I bet your finding the low start pay a challenge for some quality applicants....

I completely understand it, can take 12 weeks to see if someone is top notch, no drama

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I bet your finding the low start pay a challenge for some quality applicants....

I completely understand it, can take 12 weeks to see if someone is top notch, no drama
for someone with no experience 13 to start and 14 after 30 days is not so low in the midwest.

Also, yes, it weeds out the guys that want top dollar today without doing any of the work to get there.

I usually interview 25-30 people or more before I settle on someone.

This process has served me well as I have a fantastic staff that have been with me for years.

I have a unique opportunity for those willing to do the time and have the commitment to become part of our family. The opportunity for continued growth beyond just a lead tech or shop manager.

PS and NO this is not a franchise you can buy into now commercial........

Last edited:

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Still waiting to hear how your exploding so fast
I have been in bizz since 2011. It took years to establish the systems, branding, marketing, and equipment. Nothing was fast to get to where I am now. That I can tell you.

What is driving my growth now. My systems, branding, marketing, and equipment. Once these are established, growth is down to an Employment challenge.
Training new guys to work the systems, branding, marketing and equipment is now my main focus.

Last edited:

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
I don't think you'l find what your looking for on this forum as the overwhelming majority here are owner/operators

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I don't think you'l find what your looking for on this forum as the overwhelming majority here are owner/operators
I dont know ive seriously considered working for someone else it would almost be like a retirement lol

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
I have been in bizz since 2011. It took years to establish the systems, branding, marketing, and equipment. Nothing was fast to get to where I am now. That I can tell you.

What is driving my growth now. My systems, branding, marketing, and equipment. Once these are established, growth is down to an Employment challenge.
Training new guys to work the systems, branding, marketing and equipment is now my main focus.
You amped me up now I am creating a system I have always wanted but never took the time to do this weekend. I am making up a 3 stage pet treatment brocher that techs will use to help describe and offer different levels of pet problems. This is a system had I had in place 10 years ago I know I would be further ahead!

Reactions: Spazznout

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
not so sure.......I am looking for O/O types. I would be willing to bet my $40-60,000 first year is more than most guys make in a year after they pay expenses and taxes. And that is just first year...potential goes up from there all depends on how driven, hungry and entrepreneurial someone is.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah somehow I have trouble wrapping my head around these guys who claim $250,000 a year or more in sales but lament they "made no money" and "didnt receive a paycheck" from their own business.

What the hell are you spending the $250,000 on? 1 Truckmount (more likely 2) could easily generate $250,000 a year in sales. Assuming van payment of $1,000 a month (if you bought totally brand new setup and financed all your equipment), 20% marketing budget.

10% to your van payment
20% to your marketing
10% to gas and supplies
4% to chemicals
4% to insurance
8% to shop payment
= 56% of expenses
The rest of your expense is either labor you paid to yourself or employees. Now if you didn't do a lick of work and had to hire two employees, I could see your margin for profit only being 5-10%, which is still $25,000 for the year. Now, if you had not paid a second employee, you would've pulled at least $75,000 if you pushed the wand full time yourself.

Boggles my mind!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Yeah somehow I have trouble wrapping my head around these guys who claim $250,000 a year or more in sales but lament they "made no money" and "didnt receive a paycheck" from their own business.

What the hell are you spending the $250,000 on? 1 Truckmount (more likely 2) could easily generate $250,000 a year in sales. Assuming van payment of $1,000 a month (if you bought totally brand new setup and financed all your equipment), 20% marketing budget.

10% to your van payment
20% to your marketing
10% to gas and supplies
4% to chemicals
4% to insurance
8% to shop payment
= 56% of expenses
The rest of your expense is either labor you paid to yourself or employees. Now if you didn't do a lick of work and had to hire two employees, I could see your margin for profit only being 5-10%, which is still $25,000 for the year. Now, if you had not paid a second employee, you would've pulled at least $75,000 if you pushed the wand full time yourself.

Boggles my mind!
One day I'll sell my house and move out of this area.... I got my eyes on Bend, OR.

My area is so expensive if you make 100k/year and have average expenses your sitting at -$1,500 annually. That's literally in the hole after making 100 grand LOL

$25k a year you would be homeless, even 60k/yr you would be homeless

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
One day I'll sell my house and move out of this area.... I got my eyes on Bend, OR.

My area is so expensive if you make 100k/year and have average expenses your sitting at -$1,500 annually. That's literally in the hole after making 100 grand LOL

$25k a year you would be homeless, even 60k/yr you would be homeless
where do you live??????

How much house and what kind of neighborhood could you buy for 200K in your city???

Here in columbus you could get a 2-3 bedroom 14-1800 sq ft house in the city (inside outerbelt) in middle class neighborhood.

Or one of the suburbs touching the outerbelt you could get similar except with more yard and perhaps a few more sqft or trade off for a bit more white collar middle class neighborhood.

A family of 4 can live comfortable on a household income of 75-80K and take a vacation every year, own a home etc... However many have much higher household incomes as even fast food places are starting at 11-12 bucks an hour around here.

Gas is $2.19 per gallon this morning and Kroger had half gallons of milk on sale for $1.

Last edited:

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Someone could live very comfortably in my area on 40 to 60k, depending on expenses

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah exactly, I could live comfortably on 30k here, it wouldn't be high life, but comfortable. 60k is easily middle class.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
where do you live??????

How much house and what kind of neighborhood could you buy for 200K in your city???

Here in columbus you could get a 2-3 bedroom 14-1800 sq ft house in the city (inside outerbelt) in middle class neighborhood.

Or one of the suburbs touching the outerbelt you could get similar except with more yard and perhaps a few more sqft or trade off for a bit more white collar middle class neighborhood.

A family of 4 can live comfortable on a household income of 75-80K and take a vacation every year, own a home etc... However many have much higher household incomes as even fast food places are starting at 11-12 bucks an hour around here.

Gas is $2.19 per gallon this morning and Kroger had half gallons of milk on sale for $1.
Seattle. You can't buy anything for 200k. 1800-2k sqft house typically $900-1mil

Everything is expensive here... any service you have done on your house is $500 even to just unclog a drain in your bathtub 15minutes.

Gas is under $4, you need a household income at least $150-180k to be comfortable

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Seattle. You can't buy anything for 200k. 1800-2k sqft house typically $900-1mil

Everything is expensive here... any service you have done on your house is $500 even to just unclog a drain in your bathtub 15minutes.

Gas is under $4, you need a household income at least $150-180k to be comfortable
Ouch, yeah, I would have to leave. That is crazy town.

Here in Columbus, a million dollar home, looks like a million dollar home. 3500-5000 sq ft on big average or on a golf course or minutes from downtown. Still huuuge homes.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
So what's the average carpet cleaning for a room in Seattle?