Help they want me to clean C Diff patient | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help they want me to clean C Diff patient

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
One of my accounts wants me to clean a room with the person has a contagious and deadly disease. Should i day no or yes please help

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
C Diff isn't obnoxiously bad unless you have kids or your grandparents living at home with you. Glove up, mask up to be on the safe side, clean all your equipment when you get home, take the most thorough shower of your life when you get home, and immediately put your clothes in the wash. Of course make sure there's a surcharge on the job :-D

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
One of my accounts wants me to clean a room with the person has a contagious and deadly disease. Should i day no or yes please help

NO. No, no, no.

If you're not trained to do this kind of work, don't take it.

I'm all about learning new processes, new techniques, new services to offer, but not when it means a potential threat to your life and health. Cleaning is a good thing. Dying is not.

Last edited:

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Lol clearly my wife's hospital experience has warped my sense of judgement lol.

At the end of the day, the call is yours... and they are correct... unless you feel comfortable... pass it up

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
C Diff isn't obnoxiously bad unless you have kids or your grandparents living at home with you. Glove up, mask up to be on the safe side, clean all your equipment when you get home, take the most thorough shower of your life when you get home, and immediately put your clothes in the wash. Of course make sure there's a surcharge on the job :-D
You want to do it lol

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Maybe you could do it because i have kids

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I'd do it but I don't think they'd be too happy when I show up in full hazmat and set up a decon shower in the yard. And if that doesn't get them the bill will.

Reactions: powerhouse_cc

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
nope not for me.

man i probably went through 20-30 pairs of gloves today tearing out a urine carpet n pad.

poor dog. guys like 88 cant take care of himself or his pet. sad deal

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I remember when I was a kid there was an older gentleman down the road that had TB and was contagious. Because of other health issues he couldn't be treated so he was quarantined for several years. After he passed (I was about 12 or 13) a company was called in to the clean the house. They went in the house in yellow hazmat suits, full respirators, the works. And when they were done they set up a decon tent in the yard and everything that went in the house came out through that tent. Equipment was completely sterilized or thrown away. Can you imagine bagging up and throwing out your entire reel of vac hose and solution line?

I don't know much about C Diff, how its transmitted, the level of contagiousness, but that's what I'm picturing when you said cleaning a place with a contagious person living there.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
kyle don't do it,, its not worth the risk
Only problem is this one compnay gives me alot of work. They own a bunch of Hiltons and i have been working for them for alot of years definitely will always get the work if i do a good job

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I wouldn't want to do it but chances are, most people wouldn't even let you know and you would be in there unaware anyway.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I wouldn't want to do it but chances are, most people wouldn't even let you know and you would be in there unaware anyway.
That's dirty, some people smh

I work with a lot of older people since we're a retirement community. If I'm sick I always let them know. At times theyall reschedule others I'll wear a mask.