Help strip terra cotta tile ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help strip terra cotta tile ?

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
A guy asked me to clean some tile but he wants it stripped but its in a home I only know how to clean tile and I only know how to strip vct tile so I don't know what to do its terra cotta tile

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
A guy asked me to clean some tile but he wants it stripped but its in a home I only know how to clean tile and I only know how to strip vct tile so I don't know what to do its terra cotta tile
If there is not to much of s finish on it, you can deep scrub (brush/weights) on machine and when cleaning have helper right behind you with the vacuum. 3-4 coats on top after dry. Not to much difference vs vct procedure.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Use a very good neutral cleaner instead of a stripper, you can still tell customer it was stripped. Stripper can be a big pita on these floors!

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
lotta risk with terra cotta... Just to name a few possible problems, efflorescence, color loss, damaging the glazed surface...A black pad will scrub the glaze right off it, a red pad is still too aggressive for it really,... if you get it too wet efflorescence can happen, strippers might take color out resulting in the need to restain it...

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
There's a few guys on here that do these floors. hopefully they will chime in. You don't wanna damage floors. Its not a basic strip and wax job. And the money is better too. There should be some threads on this already. I remember seeing some before and after pics but its been a while.